News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Checkered Flag: Tony Branda

Started by Vernon Estes, August 14, 2019, 03:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernon Estes

Hey Guys,

I just learned from a Facebook post from Tony Jr that Tony Branda has passed earlier today.

Tough to sum up Tony's importance to the Shelby world at large. It goes without saying that he had an absolutely massive influence on the hobby and he will be missed by all.

Here's to Tony and his family is surely in all our thoughts and prayers.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

JD

Condolences to the Branda family, Thanks for keeping the cars going Tony!

(When I got the Shelby I had back in 1994 the first parts I got for it were from Tony)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

CSX 4133

My thoughts and prayers are with the Branda family during this difficult time.

J_Speegle

So sorry to hear the news. His family will be in our thoughts and prayers in this time of need.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Tony was a giant in our Shelby community. He was my first exposure to the Shelby community when i started buying parts from him in the later 70's. Tony's contribution to our effort of enjoying and preserving the Shelby heritage will be sorely missed.  He was a long time friend of mine and many others so he will be sorely missed. I and others had been following his health since April when he didn't show up at spring Columbus swap(a first). I and others were afraid we wouldn't have him long as he missed the Carlisle show also. His son was up beat every time I asked about his dad.  I was pleasantly surprised and fortunate to be able to spend some quality time with Tony when I chauffeured him around the recent SAAC convention on Friday in a borrowed golf cart . He was in great spirits as we talked shop while driving the convention looking at sights. That is the way I always want to remember him. My condolences to his family and friends. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Mongo

My condolences to his family and friends.
Tony you will be remembered

Coralsnake

Thats terrible. Best to the family. He always treated us well. A great asset to the hobby, will be missed.

Prayers and thoughts to the family. 

GT350Lad

A massive loss. Tony was always helpful and great with me and my car. Thoughts and prayers
6S373
6S1276

6S1568

So very sorry to hear the news of Tony's passing. I remember when he opened his first business location on Pleasant Valley Blvd in Altoona. Bought my first Shelby from him back in the seventies. He will be missed. Denny

NC TRACKRAT

Back before the Internet, having a Branda catalog was like having a Sears or Montgomery Ward toy catalog just before Christmas.  When I was restoring, he was a great source for many new and used parts.  Always visited his space at Carlisle and Charlotte.  In the Shelby community, he was quite a character...of which there are many!   
5S071, 6S1467

rhjanes

Condolences to the Branda family.
My moms family was from the Altoona area and I'd drop over to his store when we'd visit the area.  Nice family. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Shelby_r_b

Wow.  Huge loss.  Prayers for the family!
Nothing beats a classic!

Don Johnston

I will miss him.  He was a warm and welcoming personality who I would make a point of visiting when he was at SAAC Conventions.  I remember how he would travel with a big truck to East coast conventions back in the 80s and 90s.  For the West side, in the early years he would come cross country in a smaller vehicle.  In later years, he would just ship some boxes ahead and hope to not have to send anything back unsold to the shop.  A wonderful man and memory. 8)