Author Topic: Checkered Flag: Tony Branda  (Read 10442 times)

No Size

• View Profile
Re: Checkered Flag: Tony Branda
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2019, 07:43:19 AM »
 Condolences to the Branda family. I first dealt with Tony 35 years ago. Great friend. Always a pleasure to talk to. Will be missed by all
1966 shelby 2201... 1967 shelby GT500. 2063..1970 shelby GT500..3124....Randy Sizemore

Bigblock

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2019, 08:18:45 AM »
Received a lot of my Mustang and Shelby 'learning' from Tony at many of the Super Ford swap meets. Tony had so many stories and he and John would harass each other. I would not have my yellow KR if Tony's offer had been accepted.

Dan353

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2019, 08:40:08 AM »
Rest In Peace Tony you will be missed. Our sincere Condolences to the Branda family

Tom Honegger

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 09:25:18 AM »
So sorry to hear this. I purchased many items from Tony thru the 40+ years of
owning my GT 350. He was always a gentleman and very kind.
Thoughts and prayers with his family.

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2019, 10:03:56 AM »
  Same here.  Sorry to hear this.  He was always a nice person to do business with.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2019, 12:28:04 PM »
My condolences to the Branda family. I first met Tony  in the early 80s and he was easy to talk to and picked his brain on Shelbys. RIP Tony.  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »
This is terrible new for the Shelby community.

My deep condolences go out to Tony's family and to all his friends who will miss him. 
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »
Deeply sorry to hear this awful news.  My condolences to the Branda family. 

DC-DD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »
I feel fortunate to have seen Tony at the convention last month and talked with him and his wife for some time.  Having my own Shelby since 1976 I met Tony back in the '70s also and always stopped to talk with him at Carlisle and Shelby conventions along with purchasing parts from him.  Tony was so personable and generous with his time and knowledge.  I will truly miss him and sincere condolences to his wife and Tony Jr. who I have spent time with also.  To the entire Branda family I hope the good times are the memories that help you get through this loss.

Diana

S7MS427

• View Profile
    • S-Tech Enterprises, LLC
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2019, 12:02:36 AM »
I first me Tony at the Waterbury Show & Go in 1976 (or was that the Danbury Show & Go?) where I bought my first Shelby parts, a set of small block Cobra rocker covers for the 260 in my 64 1/2 Mustang.  He was selling out of the back of a Ford Station Wagon at that time.  Over the years he became a friend and he knew me by sight if not always by name.  I watched his business grow through the years until it became what it is today. I'd always look forward to stopping in to chat with him at Carlisle.  Our conversations covered many topics not just cars.

I will miss seeing and talking to you at the shows my friend.  I hope you are somewhere up above tearing down the highway in your Shelby.  My deepest sympathies to the entire Branda family.
Roy Simkins
http://www.S-TechEnt.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2019, 01:36:42 AM »
He will indeed me missed. I was going through some boxes of books and I found an several early catalogs and even a Cobra Fiberglass products one.

I was 17 when I got my first catalog from Branda. 

My condolences to the Branda family. He had a profound influence in my youth for the love of Shelbys.

-Keith

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2019, 07:51:08 AM »
While a quick posting on FB when I first heard is something, It's a thread like this that really tells the story of Tony

Like so many others here, I met Tony way back in the 1980's when working on my 68. He was early in the parts game, stuck it out through the lean times, always a sponsor for my SAAC region's Fall event, and more. Anyone in the Shelby community knows Tony. His knowledge, helpfulness, a big hole will be left.

He even helped me on my FFR Cobra, as I wanted to add side scoops for rear brake cooling, and talking with him a few years ago  he had a great solution. Since he was molding Shelby Mustang Scoops, and had rejects, he sold me a pair L&R 69 pair of reject scoops very affordably. We talked about which pair would have the best look, and he delivered quick. So, loke so many of us, his parts are part of my car.

I hope his service and knowlege has been a mark yo live up to, and an inspiration for others.

Dan

stangman39

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2019, 08:44:14 AM »
I first saw the post on FB.  Was shocked and bummed to hear this.  I didn't know Tony was not in good health.
After all my years tinkering with old Stangs I finally had the chance to chat with Tony at Carlisle 2 years ago. 
I felt like I was chatting with royalty!
I hope Tony is at peace.  Prayers to his family. 

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2019, 01:23:16 PM »
I Never got to meet Tony , but I have bought many of his products over the years with which I was completely satisfied. Tony was a lucky guy. His business allowed him to combine a love of the hobby along with interaction with his people. The accolades on this forum alone attests to a level of integrity reserved for only the best of the best.

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »
sorry to hear about Tony's passing. RIP.
Thoughts and Prayers to his family.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird