Author Topic: Checkered Flag: Tony Branda  (Read 10439 times)

GAdams

• View Profile
Re: Checkered Flag: Tony Branda
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2019, 01:42:53 PM »
Obviously its the love of the cars that bring us together but the friends we make over the years are the real prize.

Hanging out with the vendors so often at all the conventions, I got to meet Tony a lot of years ago. What a great person and a wonderful family. I am so glad I got a chance to say hello and shake his hand one more time at Pitt Race. Always a gentleman.

Thoughts to the family. He will be missed

6s341

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2019, 10:33:03 PM »
Like many of you, I first got some parts from Tony over 30 years ago, and just bought another part last month that was hard to find.  Rest in peace Tony, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2019, 11:51:24 PM »
So very sorry to hear the news!  I did not know Tony but I have a great deal of respect for a pioneer of this great hobby!

68GT350roadracer

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2019, 08:51:33 AM »
Condolences to the Branda family.

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »
Condolences to the family.  Have bought a lot of items from him in the past, wish I would have got to know him after reading all the replies here.   :( :(
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2019, 08:14:50 PM »
RIP Mr. Branda.  Our thoughts and prayers are with your Family during this time of sorrow.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2019, 09:19:09 PM »
I will do my best to support Tony's Legacy!

http://www.cobranda.com
RARE  Signature Delete

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2019, 09:21:12 AM »
I have known Tony since the early 80s seeing him at all the ford & carlisle & hershey meets. We would always talk about parts that needed to be made because back in 80s wrecked and rusty shelbys were being parted out because of the parts demand and only way to find parts back in the 80s was hemmings or swap meets. If it werent for people like Tony many shelbys would never have been completed. Tony had a great location between carlisle and hershey and all the ford swap meets in ohio and michigan etc. Tony would deliver parts to all swap meets so you could see them and save shipping problems and expenses. I have never heard of anybody having any problems with any parts orders from Tony Branda over the years. RIP & godspeed to Tony who without him many thousands of shelbys wouldnt have been back on the road. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and workers.Lets hope Tony Jr. and crew can keep the Tony Branda Legacy going.

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2019, 11:46:19 AM »
I have known Tony since the early 80s seeing him at all the ford & carlisle & hershey meets. We would always talk about parts that needed to be made because back in 80s wrecked and rusty shelbys were being parted out because of the parts demand and only way to find parts back in the 80s was hemmings or swap meets. If it werent for people like Tony many shelbys would never have been completed. Tony had a great location between carlisle and hershey and all the ford swap meets in ohio and michigan etc. Tony would deliver parts to all swap meets so you could see them and save shipping problems and expenses. I have never heard of anybody having any problems with any parts orders from Tony Branda over the years. RIP & godspeed to Tony who without him many thousands of shelbys wouldnt have been back on the road. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and workers.Lets hope Tony Jr. and crew can keep the Tony Branda Legacy going.

I agree 100% with your statement and I too have known Tony (since 1977 or so) - I have some great funny stories about Tony thru the years - I will be up in Roaring Spring with a client next week and will make it a priority to stop by Tony's store on my trip.

JWH

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2019, 12:28:51 AM »
I bought my first Shelby in the spring of 1977, a 1968 GT500KR. After owning it about a month, I went to pick up my friend and give him a lift to school early one morning. His dad finished his coffee, walked out to the garage, got in his car as he would every morning, and backed into my Shelby as I had parked in the driveway behind his car. It crushed the headlight buckets and header panel. I remember being SO thankful that there was a supplier where I could get replacement parts -- Branda. I have no idea how many orders I phoned in to Branda over the years but every one was delivered quickly and accurately and any problems were quickly resolved. I would venture a guess that 99% of the '65-70 Shelby Mustangs today are wearing a Branda supplied part. God Speed Tony and thank you for helping me enjoy Shelbys for so many years.
Jeff