Author Topic: Ford GT compared to 2020 Corvette  (Read 11197 times)

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ford GT compared to 2020 Corvette
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »

The problem Corvette has is it's buying public is getting older, a decade ago the median age of a Corvette owner was 54. Currently the median age is 64, it doesn't help that the publics perception of the owners is "an old dude going through mid life crisis" while wearing gold chains and loafers.
Corvette hopes to recapture some of the "youth" market with the new Corvette, unfortunately todays 20 somethings are more into non GMO foods, electric cars, and social networking than cars.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 01:02:45 PM »
On a slightly different note, the other day I saw a guy with a Corvette, raise his top and go through a car wash....
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »
Not even in the same universe of design quality.
True the GT was designed as a racecar to win the street class at LeMans. The vette was designed to be a track day street car to generate $$$ for GM coffers. Bottom line: It's hard to compare apples and oranges.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 01:49:20 PM »
agreed but we see a bug transition here

dodge boys and ford boys looking at this new toy, waiting patiently....

The problem Corvette has is it's buying public is getting older, a decade ago the median age of a Corvette owner was 54. Currently the median age is 64, it doesn't help that the publics perception of the owners is "an old dude going through mid life crisis" while wearing gold chains and loafers.
Corvette hopes to recapture some of the "youth" market with the new Corvette, unfortunately todays 20 somethings are more into non GMO foods, electric cars, and social networking than cars.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 01:56:15 PM »
True the GT was designed as a racecar to win the street class at LeMans. The vette was designed to be a track day street car to generate $$$ for GM coffers. Bottom line: It's hard to compare apples and oranges.

Well said 06GT can not and should not compare these cars at all.

You have the only true American sports car consecutively ever made the Corvette. Now made to compete on a world level and priced within everyone's reach.

If there's any phrase that exemplifies our American culture, it's the iconic jingle, “Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet, they go together in the good ol' USA.”

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 02:12:43 PM »
I thought it was "Apple pies and Lamborghinis." But on a serious note, I wonder if Ford dropped out of manufacturer backed racing of the GT because a mid engined Corvette would pose a greater threat.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 03:13:04 PM »
I have a full head of hair and I don't like the new corvette.

Is there a correlation between hair and the new vette?  :D

QSS

You need to shave your hair off to fit although I needed to do that in the new Ford GT also. I don't know if it matters if you are all wrinkly too?

The adjustable steering columns help if you are really fat.  ::)

Hey look. Not all short, fat, bald, old men are ignorant of the numbers and some of us already have Corvettes too.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 03:15:02 PM »

Well said 06GT can not and should not compare these cars at all.

You have the only true American sports car consecutively ever made the Corvette. Now made to compete on a world level and priced within everyone's reach.

If there's any phrase that exemplifies our American culture, it's the iconic jingle, “Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet, they go together in the good ol' USA.”

So now you are going to start on baseball? What about the fat bald men playing football?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 04:09:20 PM »
I thought it was "Apple pies and Lamborghinis." But on a serious note, I wonder if Ford dropped out of manufacturer backed racing of the GT because a mid engined Corvette would pose a greater threat.

They dropped out because of the continual changing of the rules to prevent dominance of the GT.

Known as BoP.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2019, 04:12:28 PM »
See any similarities here besides colour?  Square steering wheel, mid-engined, body lines.  Even the "C" pillar man oh man!  Only thing missing on the Vette are the flying buttresses.  I wonder where the Vette got its inspiration??  Hmmmmm.
I fully expected the "opinions" of Ford lovers here in the comparison. My favorite comparison is 60K VS 450K. Why?  Figure it our. Design? please! some want to rave about the Ford GT and bash the Vette. LMAO
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2019, 04:15:12 PM »
Just think, in 2 years you will get a used one for 30K....LOL

Or less....... depending on the number of recalls, unexplained engine failures, etc. The UAW strike has already has delayed production.
sound like you are talking about the late model GT350 Ford now sells on a few of your comments....Recalls, boy you need to do some educating on Recalls and Ford VS Gm...or maybe in some cases the lack of them(Ford).
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2019, 05:18:19 PM »

They dropped out because of the continual changing of the rules to prevent dominance of the GT.

Known as BoP.
That sounds like a plausible explanation.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Shawn

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
Here's a few pictures of my 06 GT with just over 500 miles on it.  The design of the 05 06 GT will never age.  There are only 2 other cars it can be compared to, the original GT40 and the 2017+GT they are all 3 in a class of their own.

csxsfm

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2019, 05:08:49 PM »
GM makes a commitment. Ford plays on the edges.  GM evolved the C1 to the spectacular C2 while Ford bloated the T-Bird into a sedan.  Chevy performance parts have always been more available and 50% of the cost of Ford's.  Now the wonderful GT is marketed as a very elite image product while the C8 is a supercar for the masses.  GM's "beancounters" give their car guys" much more leeway than Ford's.  Always been that way.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »
Beautiful car and very well preserved, congratulations!

Here's a few pictures of my 06 GT with just over 500 miles on it.  The design of the 05 06 GT will never age.  There are only 2 other cars it can be compared to, the original GT40 and the 2017+GT they are all 3 in a class of their own.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy