News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

R Model gas tank for sale

Started by deathsled, August 16, 2019, 09:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Bidding now at $1,225.00 with a little over an hour left on the clock.  Somebody is going to have some serious explaining to do when the current ball-and-chain asks: "What did you buy, honey?"
Better to go full submarine on this one.  Rig for silent running, throw in a few crazy Ivans and then you're set.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

mlplunkett

It was mine until the last 20 seconds. Earl, I'll take you up on that offer for a set of plans on building a tank.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

deathsled

Sold sold sold!  $1,302.00.  It's rolling pin time.  Put your crash helmet on.  Depending of course on the buyer's personal circumstances.  You bought wha?????  That old rusted thing?  Wha?????  Lol!  Hide it until installed.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

SFM5S000

Okay, I'm back. I found the tube with my original copy. It's titled "Long Range Fuel Tank GT350" dated March 65. I need to find the other tube with the extra copies in it I had made. Worst case I'll have more made.

Cheers,
~Earl J

madeulook

It is indeed a long range fuel tank - that is tall money for such a beat up period piece. But Curt and the gang are true blue ( as in Oval ). I built 13 of these tanks, per the prints, but did not do the baffles - went with fuel safe foam 3 big blocks - nice and quiet. Surrounded the pick up with a cage of fem metal (flattened and expanded) Anyone who got the tank from Jim got my tank. They were spot on.

John

SFM5R-madeulook
1965 GT 350 Competition Tribute
1st. place pop vote Mid-Ohio

mlplunkett

Quote from: SFM5S000 on August 27, 2019, 05:34:31 PM
Okay, I'm back. I found the tube with my original copy. It's titled "Long Range Fuel Tank GT350" dated March 65. I need to find the other tube with the extra copies in it I had made. Worst case I'll have more made.

Cheers,
~Earl J

I call dibs on one copy. Let me know when it's available and how much $ you need me to send.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction