News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S2372 -anyone care to comment?

Started by acman63, August 16, 2019, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

6s2020

Rebody, knock a 100k off and he might get it, from someone who does not care.

Been discussed here before

6s1640

This car has been offered before with "No Sale".

Cory

6S1568

Way too many red flags. Howard where are you? SAAC verified?

GT350Lad

Quote from: 6S1568 on August 16, 2019, 06:36:19 PM

Will have to check registry when I get home, lack of plate behind export brace is a bit concerning
6S373
6S1276

J_Speegle

Quote from: 6S1568 on August 16, 2019, 06:36:19 PM

SAAC typically sends a letter verifying the numbers (if they do match records) provided, not the car/body they are attached to and is written to indicate this as shown below. From an earlier ad for the car being discussed.

History or reports of reconstruction or rebodying are kept confidential according to the new registry. Buyer beware as always on any vehicle
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Grumpy

It's been floating around for a while. Sure does look purdy  ;)

6s1640

The Ford VIN stamping image on the other thread shows a VIN consistent with the 6S2372 VIN and other very late GT350's in the same range, but the STAR markings on either end are missing, suggesting a re-stamping.  The stamping also does not look the same with a side by side comparison with another San Jose Mustang stamping. This is another red flag.

Cory

Grumpy

Kind of crude compared to the Ford #

On the engine code letter (A in the picture) it seems a little deeper than the remaining letters.

My stamp is like that as well, is it common?

J_Speegle

Quote from: 2112 on August 17, 2019, 04:46:39 PM
On the engine code letter (A in the picture) it seems a little deeper than the remaining letters.

My stamp is like that as well, is it common?

On a 66 built at San Jose I would would report - no not typical.  Have allot of examples

Of course discussions like this in an open forum can help those will ill intent  ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: Grumpy on August 17, 2019, 07:55:27 AM
It's been floating around for a while. Sure does look purdy  ;)

It does look pretty, but so do cubic zirc's (from a distance).

6S1114