News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

6S441 Hertz GT350H white

Started by 6s1640, August 18, 2019, 01:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi Randy G,

This car is pretty close to yours, 6S477.  Have you seen before?  Looks like it is in Florida now.

Take care

Cory

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Shelby/293189847451?hash=item44437a099b:g:HzkAAOSwyTtdVaLc

gt350hr

Cory I don't recall seeing it in person. It went to San Francisco ( one of twelve IIRC) All automatics and none with roof stripes. It does have the correct wheel center decals ( non Hertz style). I wonder about the "round " master. mine has a Mico. No dash "warning label". It "might " also have the round back '65 style axle housing like 476, 477 , and some others in the group had. Rarer than an R model but FAR more obscure and no "racing " history LOL.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

6s1640

Hi Randy,

Has it ever been concluded if these first white GT350H's got the "H" in the side strip or not.  I like the way you have yours set up with the "H".

Cory

gt350hr

Concluded , no. Mine as I have related forever, had a "patch" in the center stripe as if there was an H there. When I bought 477 in '74 I was "anti Hertz" . No one wanted a "clapped out" ex rental car. I bought it because it was white and "we" thought there weren't any white Hertz cars. Finding the Hertz vehicle maintainence records in the trunk was a big surprise. In '99 ( on the last repaint) , I decided to employ the H.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.