Regional Forums > Los Angeles Region SAAC

Stock radiator may not be enough

(1/2) > >>

69gt350conv4spd:
I am getting ready to put a slightly modified 351w  into my 69 GT350. Its 30 over and has a CR of about 11.5-12:1 ish .The car has A/C & I live in PalmSprings heat .  The builder  of my engine said, It might be better for me to get another radiator that had a "better" cooling capability than the original radiator that is in it. I think the original is a 24x15x2? . Can anyone with experience,etc give me an idea the size radiator I might want to get? 

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: 69gt350conv4spd on August 18, 2019, 01:53:42 AM ---I am getting ready to put a slightly modified 351w  into my 69 GT350. Its 30 over and has  about 11.5-12ish and w/ valves for UL gas. With thais Im thinkin It would be safer for me to get another radiator that had a "better" cooling capability than the original radiator that is in it. I think the original is a 24x15x2? . Can anyone with experience,etc give me an idea the size radiator I might want to get?

--- End quote ---
24 inch is the widest you can fit. The 24 inch is what came in the A/C equipped cars . You can have your original 24 inch radiator recored with a three or four core . If you are buying after market get a 4 core is for maximum cooling . It is better to have too much capacity then not enough in a situation like this. It is typically less money to buy after market then to have your original recored. The typical after market 24 inch radiator has a Ford style upper and lower tank but will not have the FOMOCO trademark made into it. That may not be a issue to most but thought I would mention the difference so that you can make a informed decision.

69gt350conv4spd:
Hello Bob,
Ok, Id like to get a 4 core then asap,as my engine hasbeen assembled and is taking up space for the builder while he waits for me. 
what are a couple suppliers that the shelby owners have been satisfied with?
How about a clutch fan? Might have a bit of advantage ?,Ive got to go as my typing in the dark is keeping her awake she says,so you know . Ill ckbackin the morning
John

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: 69gt350conv4spd on August 18, 2019, 02:27:07 AM ---Hello Bob,
Ok, Id like to get a 4 core then asap,as my engine hasbeen assembled and is taking up space for the builder while he waits for me. 
what are a couple suppliers that the shelby owners have been satisfied with?
How about a clutch fan? Might have a bit of advantage ?,Ive got to go as my typing in the dark is keeping her awake she says,so you know . Ill ckbackin the morning
John

--- End quote ---
I would order it from NPD. I would use a fixed flex fan the same as the A/C equipped GT350 did.

69gt350conv4spd:
NPD? Not familiar with socal and have been out of the hobby since early 80s,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version