Author Topic: Illegal Garage in Ca.  (Read 8540 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Illegal Garage in Ca.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »
+ 1 gospel

It is very concerning as the CA way of thinking is spreading in a lot of metro places that carry political weight.  There will be a point at which our cars are museum pieces not to be driven as fuel for them will no longer exist (probably not in the next 30 years but it will happen).  The powers that be will also figure out a way to tax old vehicels to the point you can't afford to register them.

Like many of you, I am respectful of the environment, and like many of you, we use to pour used motor oil on the gravel driveway to keep the dust down (didn't know any better).  Do I believe polution has had an effect on the environment, sure I do, but it is not this country.  I have been around the world and the USA is by far the cleanest of any country.  In Mexico your eyes burn the minute you step off the plane, China is so poluted you can almost see it on your skin, India is infested with rats and sewage... and the list continues. 

I say all this to say this, drive your cars and enjoy them, you never know what the next curve will bring!
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 05:39:12 PM »
They need to pass a "no refueling vehicles in residential zones" regulation in CA for safety reasons and make it include all electric plug in vehicles.  Besides electric vehicles should be banned as are unsafe as kids playing in the streets cannot hear them coming.  Just using CA logic.   ::)

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »
I'm not going to step into the politics of this since I won't be able to change the mind of anyone who agrees OR disagrees with me (yes that seems to be where we are today). But what's really sad is the lack of opposition to these types of policies from the overwhelming majority of people who don't have the inclination or ability to do even minor repairs to their car. The days of the shadetree mechanic are coming to a close. I believe that it's a result of less interest in hands-on mechanics combined with newer cars utilizing technology that discourages or flat out prohibits people from tinkering. Sad!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 06:16:11 PM »
So hard to believe it would happen in a state with so much history/legacy of car culture .
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »
So hard to believe it would happen in a state with so much history/legacy of car culture .

That is what is so crazy about this whole thing.  CA was the Mecca of Hot Rod culture until the Tech boom happened and it became cooler to sip a latte, carry a man purse, wear a man bun and claim you are green.  If you don't support a national organization that has lobbying clout, please do so as that is the only way to be heard IMO.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2019, 07:59:30 PM »
Like I said California and New York are in competition to see who can be Dumb and Dumber. This is why we are leaving New York. We know New York is not far behind as we are locked into one party control. Any car person that thinks California and New York are doing the right things, well is just a complete BLANK BLANK!

PERIOD
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 09:11:23 PM »

That is what is so crazy about this whole thing.  CA was the Mecca of Hot Rod culture until the Tech boom happened and it became cooler to sip a latte, carry a man purse, wear a man bun and claim you are green.  If you don't support a national organization that has lobbying clout, please do so as that is the only way to be heard IMO.

Yes but remember this, illegals do not give a crap about your old car, in fact they think they are entitled to it. Politicians in blue states don't care either, what they care about is votes. This should be a warning to all blue/purple states, yes including North Carolina and Texas, you better be care who YOU put in office, the cancer is moving to a state near you.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2019, 09:55:55 PM »

Yes but remember this, illegals do not give a crap about your old car, in fact they think they are entitled to it. Politicians in blue states don't care either, what they care about is votes. This should be a warning to all blue/purple states, yes including North Carolina and Texas, you better be care who YOU put in office, the cancer is moving to a state near you.

^^
This has nothing to do with “illegals.”
Let’s stay on topic.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2019, 10:17:01 PM »

^^
This has nothing to do with “illegals.”
Let’s stay on topic.

good luck with that! LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

Forum Guide

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 10:49:21 PM »
Talk about the "News" item..and leave the politics out of the discussion.

Hard .. in this case I know.... but play by the rules

Thanks

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2019, 11:00:56 PM »
Don't Californicate Washington! phred

Huh?

Too late Phred, it happened long ago.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2019, 01:28:42 AM »
I like California.....l

Scode67FB

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2019, 03:22:30 AM »
California hasn't cornered the market on dumb ideas.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1124510_minneapolis-banned-drive-thrus

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2019, 07:58:31 AM »
Hmmmm Minnesota.

It saddens me to think we cannot express our opinions backed up by good examples as to why one state is trying to make it illegal to work on your own car. (Don't worry, keeping quiet, will just make it happen everywhere soon enough).  As the old IBM slogan goes, "THINK"
RARE  Signature Delete

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 08:20:11 AM »
Today it's the garage, tomorrow it'll be the kitchen, then the bedroom. "Big Brother" is watching you!
5S071, 6S1467