Author Topic: Illegal Garage in Ca.  (Read 8537 times)

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Illegal Garage in Ca.
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2019, 08:54:21 AM »
Seems as though California wants to be the non-internal combustion (electric transportation module - eventually driverless) state and working to that end from both directions.  The trickle down isn't working quickly enough for some.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2019, 10:11:25 AM »
I like California.....l

You are the first person I have heard say that in earnest (unless you are kidding), outside of the weather, why do you like it?
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2019, 10:43:04 AM »
New York climate plan sets 30-year goal for 100% renewable energy. ... It calls for all the state's electricity to come from renewable, carbon-free sources such as solar, wind and hydropower. Transportation and building heating systems would also run on clean electricity rather than oil and gas.

"If you like your car, you can keep it." You just cannot drive it!
RARE  Signature Delete

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2019, 10:53:20 AM »
I like California.....l

You are the first person I have heard say that in earnest (unless you are kidding), outside of the weather, why do you like it?

I would like to live there if wasn't for the government and overpopulation.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 12:49:31 PM »
I like California.....l

.      It is beautiful on many levels...PLUS they built some really cool cars here IMHO.. ;D

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2019, 01:53:29 PM »
I like California.....l

I would like to live there if wasn't for the government and overpopulation.

"nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded!" - Yogi Berra   ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 03:03:40 PM »
   Well, there is a lot of wide open space out there in Greenland.......

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »
New York climate plan sets 30-year goal for 100% renewable energy. ... It calls for all the state's electricity to come from renewable, carbon-free sources such as solar, wind and hydropower. Transportation and building heating systems would also run on clean electricity rather than oil and gas.

"If you like your car, you can keep it." You just cannot drive it!
Hawaii has the same mandate for renewable energy except the it is set for completion by 2045.  Inspite of athe hype and special favors or electrics, there are less than 2 percent registered here in use.  Since the power utility rates are twivce the national average, it will be interesting to see if the goal is met.  We are at about 30 percent renewable use now (wind, solar, garbage burned for energy, bio-fuels,etc.).  No more coal allowed after 2020, which supplies abot 12 percent now. 

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »
   Well, there is a lot of wide open space out there in Greenland.......

How are the golf courses?  Is there a long wait for a tee off time?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2019, 05:27:12 PM »
If you drive away from the coast CA is not crowded at all.
I like it there but it’s tough to hit my favorite spots without Kiwi.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2019, 05:49:46 PM »
I like the California race tracks. 8)

Scode67FB

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2019, 03:37:28 AM »
Fortunately, the rules mentioned in the article apply only to Sacramento County. Not ALL California. Where I live, there are related rules also. You can do minor work like oil changes in your driveway. Major jobs like engine removal, have to be done inside an enclosed garage. For the Haters out there, I'm sure if you check your City or County rules, you'll find similar laws in place. Not all municipalities will enforce the laws equally, but the laws are there. Show me a place that doesn't have similar laws, and I'll show you a place that doesn't care about property values.

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2019, 05:06:57 AM »
You are right also in europe we have those laws since many years but nobody knows, its also not allowed to wash your car in your driveway because you wash down the smog, dust etc. with chemicals and it will go into the water/ ground water and maybe our kids will come in touch with that earlier or later. It also can go into fruits etc. you have some feets away in your garden.

For me I can understand those rules and I know what to do. Because I know the affect of chemicals, smog, industrial dust etc. pretty good. I have my own shop and we take very well care of chemicals and oil, batterys, etc. I always work with gloves, often with a mouth/nose protection when using chemicals etc. If somebody love his life he will take care of himself and the rest and yes also of the nature. And I think what we do is a nice way of recycling because we use old cars with old parts and rebuild everything. Think about it how much trash a modern repair shop is doing every day and then take a look to some restorers.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2019, 08:26:32 AM »
Fortunately, the rules mentioned in the article apply only to Sacramento County. Not ALL California. Where I live, there are related rules also. You can do minor work like oil changes in your driveway. Major jobs like engine removal, have to be done inside an enclosed garage. For the Haters out there, I'm sure if you check your City or County rules, you'll find similar laws in place. Not all municipalities will enforce the laws equally, but the laws are there. Show me a place that doesn't have similar laws, and I'll show you a place that doesn't care about property values.

And cali cares about property values! Just look at the streets of LA and San Fran! Look at Philly, look at Baltimore, they really care about their property values! LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2019, 08:33:35 AM »
Just to add, I think a little common sense would help, it should be OK to do what you want to do with your own car in your own driveway, however, leaving a mess, not cleaning up daily after working on a car and polluting, (dumping solvents in your driveway) is not good. Maybe people in those cities just don't have the sense to keep it clean.

I wonder how far this guy would have got working on his car in the USA? One of my favorite utub's

https://youtu.be/GOXQW_xWLrs
RARE  Signature Delete