News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

NOS /Takeout 68 Shelby Convertible rollbar surrounds - Saddle

Started by acman63, December 06, 2019, 03:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

For years the  guy im helping  has been telling me he had a pair of nos convertible saddle convertible rollbar surrounds.  He said he wants to get $2000 for them.   He finally brought in some more parts and they were in this load.  He and I opened up the boxes and showed him that werent nos but were probably takeout . After looking at some of the other parts he brought,  he finally said that he had a  wrecked 68 shelby convertible many years back and they parted it out.   Keep in mind hes in his 80s,.The panels are real genuine Ford/Shelby Panels and were installed at onetime.  They are in excellent shape,  not warped. I discovered one crack (pictured)  easily repaired. They could also be cleaned and painted black - almost a shame to do.   After much discussion on rarity (which they are super rare) we agreed we would market them - First  $1795  plus the ride. I will package them carefully and they will be insured for full value.  If you want more pics let me know.   Ive been doing this for 42 years and have never owned a pair of these other than ona car.   920 434 3645    jim@shelbyparts.com
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member