News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby VIN info

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, August 21, 2019, 12:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

When the base Mustang went to Shelby, Shelby reassigned a NEW VIN - CORRECT?  Will the NEW vin have any of the same numbers as the Ford original? I am asking in order to relate the build sheet to the SHELBY vin plate. IF the build sheet has the original FORD VIN info, how do you verify the specific car teat now has a SHELBY VIN number that does/may not match?

Richstang

You need to specify which year you are asking about...
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I forgot - sorry.  This is for a 69 GT500. Built at Dearborn, 6/19/1969

Richstang

That helps,
:)

The Ford VINs were different (and hidden) on 1965-1967 Shelby's.
By 1968 I thought they were one in the same.

Others who know more should chime shortly...
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bill

By 69 Shelby was using the Ford VIN only
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

If in 69 Shelby used the Ford VIN, then the build sheet will match the VIN on the car- correct?

Coralsnake

There is only one assigned VIN per car in 1969. Ford assigned the VIN. All Shelby VINs use the code "48" as the sixth and seventh digits. There are no other VINs for 1969 Shelbys, other than the one FORD assigned.

It is possible you have a build sheet from another car, as they were discarded randomly on the production lines. They were often left under carpets or stuffed in seat springs.

I have seen as many as two dozen different sheets in a single car.

TOBKOB

[quoteThere is only one assigned VIN per car in 1969. Ford assigned the VIN. All Shelby VINs use the code "48" as the sixth and seventh digits. There are no other VINs for 1969 Shelbys, other than the one FORD assigned.][/quote]

Pete is correct.. :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Does anyone have a LEGIBLE copy of a 1969 Dearborn (if it matters) build sheet that they could post? The aged build sheet I have is nearly impossible to read for sections A and part of B.  It is browned out in these areas over the years. I can read partial numbers in the individual blocks but don't know what those blocks represent. Example; Section B - REAR AXLE - TAG 99816(?) - I believe it says CODE 4S?.  It would really help if i knew what the core box information was. A BLANK build sheet would be wonderful, if anyone has one

TOBKOB

Larry, you might want to read this article and see if you can read yours. Build sheets were for individual cars and a sheet for another car might or might not match your car.   ;)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Thanks TOB and I do realize that, but all i need is the information that would be on a blank build/broadcast sheet for a 1969 passenger car.  I HAVE most of MY SPECIFIC numbers available and somewhat legible, but cannot read (in a small portion of my build sheet) what those numbers refer to

Coralsnake

Bill

What are the last 6 numbers of your cars VIN ?
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

Special Ed

The build sheet in petes post is my purple shelby and its a special order car (for specialed) so its different than most other shelbys  the paint section is blank  and the bottom remarks section is unique to this car only m32j-3204 means special order paint 69 t-bird  midnight orchid mettalic .    Dont know why it says hood fenders since they were fiberglass installed at a o smith or did they paint the fiberglass shelby parts at dearborn when they painted the rest of the car since it was special order paint since a o smith didnt have any purple paint in stock or did ford send purple paint with the car to a o smith for the fiberglass  anybody know?  Also the reason why so many build sheets have a piece of paper missing along the top is where they were taped to the car somewhere then ripped off and thrown in the floorboard on dearborn cars anyway.