News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 GT350H - High School Yearbook

Started by gt350cs, August 22, 2019, 12:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350cs

Found this picture over at H.A.M.B. that I had never seen before. It obviously comes from some Yearbook from back in the day. Does anyone have any idea where it might be from?

Love these old pictures. Too bad we cannot see the license plate that would help to narrow down where it might come from.

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

gt350hr

Now they're 70 year old grandmothers!
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pbf777

Quote from: gt350hr on August 22, 2019, 01:49:41 PM
  Now they're 70 year old grandmothers!

You just had to ruin it didn't you!         :(

Scott.

gt350cs

They are ALL California girls. I was able to determine that the picture is from Mira Loma High School, Sacramento. Most likely a San Francisco rental car, since Northern California location. That narrows it down to about 75 possibilities on what car this is. It would be great to know the story of the picture. Since the Hertz sign is displayed, it may have been set up by the local Hertz Rental Office. Hope someone can add to the story.

Randy let us remember that we could have known them when we were that age as well. Seeing how you are still at running great times in your car, I would say that age is just a number. Perhaps these ladies would surprise you in how well they have matured. All is good!

Dennis

I have touched up the picture just a little, I hope has improved the look.

gt350hr

Dennis ,
       I am coming up on the 50th reunion soon. I expect even more of my friends to be bald (not me) from the 40th and sadly a few more have passed. I'm sure glad they issue name tags as most of the "hotties" aren't. My wife gets a kick out of the ones who tell her they used to be my girl friend. Like somehow it matters.
       Back to topic , It would SURE be cool to find out which car that was and do a 50 year picture! I'd love to see it happen!
    Randy

427heaven

I drove 6s 409 in High School, I will try to find some pictures of it, and get some help to post pictures. After a few 150mph runs I'm glad I can post these things today. Why the BFG S DIDNT LET GO IS A RIDDLE TO ME! As far as the ladies go I noticed at the reunions that the ones that were beauty queens had changed for the worse, and the ones no one looked at were quite the lookers .. so it goes  :-\

gt350hr

+1 on the changes in the ladies. I saw that too , just didn't want to drag the thread out. Losing the "bee hive" hair do helped some too LOL.

Hertz74

Do you ever think, that could be my car....#818 Hertz

gt350hr

I found another pic on the HAMB under the "trophy girls " section page 166 . A white '66 from Chet Montez Ford . Ca lic plate # SET 095. Should be a "known car' by the plate.
       Randy

Side-Oilers

Please let me know if you ever find anything from Chet Monez Ford, from 1968. 

My KR was sold there, and it was a small dealer.

Always hoping...
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

gt350cs

Chuck:

I would guess that since 6S818 was shipped to Florida, it is probably not the car in the picture.

Randy:

According to the License Plate Records - Plate SET 095 was assigned to 6S483, which was one of the brake test cars sent to San Francisco according to Howard.

tesgt350

Quote from: gt350cs on August 23, 2019, 10:44:01 AM
They are ALL California girls. I was able to determine that the picture is from Mira Loma High School, Sacramento. Most likely a San Francisco rental car, since Northern California location. That narrows it down to about 75 possibilities on what car this is. It would be great to know the story of the picture. Since the Hertz sign is displayed, it may have been set up by the local Hertz Rental Office. Hope someone can add to the story.

Randy let us remember that we could have known them when we were that age as well. Seeing how you are still at running great times in your car, I would say that age is just a number. Perhaps these ladies would surprise you in how well they have matured. All is good!

Dennis

I have touched up the picture just a little, I hope has improved the look.

Why would you make the Cheer Leaders Skirt LONGER?   ::)

gt350hr

Quote from: gt350cs on August 28, 2019, 02:12:56 PM
Chuck:

I would guess that since 6S818 was shipped to Florida, it is probably not the car in the picture.

Randy:

According to the License Plate Records - Plate SET 095 was assigned to 6S483, which was one of the brake test cars sent to San Francisco according to Howard.

I'm glad you are keeping the plate info. I was curious about the possibility . PLUS this is an early enough picture to see that it clearly does not have the H . Mine is an LA area test car and a few earlier than 483. Either way I am keeping the H on mine.
   Thank you again!
      Randy

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

I used to see my car when I was in high school but didn't buy until 2 1/2 years later. The cheerleaders at my school didn't look this nice
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎