Author Topic: Worth the cost  (Read 7313 times)

TedS

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Worth the cost
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 08:46:24 PM »
Its all good. Hope the deal works out for you. Would love to see some pictures if it does. Good luck.

cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 03:04:20 AM »
Thanks to all for the input.much appreciated, now if we can agree on a price..lol..very close but either side won't budge....

cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 12:34:18 PM »
OK, this will probably get me in trouble....lol...but like I said I'm green and learning...this particular car, is what I would call a strong 3 besides the wrong parts it has very few issues....paint is old but body is straight, a few small repairs over the years,,,4 speed A/C car...I guess what I'm really asking is how much does it hurt it not having the correct CJ setup???  let me get my flame suit on......go...

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »
If you are having fun driving, and not competing in Concours level competition, what would it hurt at all?

Maybe it is just an opportunity to get in at a better price.

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 01:09:59 PM »
I thought for sure I would have seen it posted by now so I will go on and do so.  There is One Vendor in Jacksonville you need to stay away from Mustang Masters AKA: Fast Freddy.  I have told many Mustang Friends to stay away from him and they all said "But he has the part I need".  I told them that he doesn't but they didn't listen to me and had to find out the hard way that I was right. 

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »
If you are having fun driving, and not competing in Concours level competition, what would it hurt at all?

Maybe it is just an opportunity to get in at a better price.

^^^ +1, Not everyone is into having a Concours-level car. What do you want to do with it?
Good luck!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 02:06:59 PM »
not interested in a concours level car, but a car with correct parts, other words everyone knows a KR never came with dual quad so would like to be a accurate to period correct as possible....thanks

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 02:10:09 PM »
not interested in a concours level car, but a car with correct parts, other words everyone knows a KR never came with dual quad so would like to be a accurate to period correct as possible....thanks

You can get in low and, over time, make correct as you can afford. Or, if you can afford it now, you can buy the best most correct car on the market.

Your choice.

cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 02:49:48 PM »
Agreed, just trying to figure out what is fair market value for car needing the changes I mentioned...

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 03:25:54 PM »
It would be tough to put a number on it without an expert doing a full evaluation on the car.

cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 04:22:59 PM »
I agree, I guess I was just looking for a ballpark, but at the end of the day its what its worth to you the buyer anyways....

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 06:57:54 PM »

cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 08:04:23 PM »
yeah, I've looked at all the valuation tools, all the past sales from mecum and so forth, and those are all over the place..75K and up...

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 09:39:02 PM »
yeah, I've looked at all the valuation tools, all the past sales from mecum and so forth, and those are all over the place..75K and up...

Sounds right