News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Boss 302 LS

Started by deathsled, August 29, 2019, 01:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Going to Toronto to pick up my dad's 2013 Boss LS this weekend. He's lost interest in the car at the age of 91. It will be a Vanishing Point kind of drive back to the U.S.  Hopefully no bulldozers along the way.

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

That's too bad.

Are you going to keep it?

deathsled

That's my plan. Only child here.  If he wants me to sell it for him I will. Currently he's giving me the reins.

Bigfoot

Have fun. I remember driving a 2012 LS
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Only key to use is the red one

deathsled

Ill have to rein it in and do the speed limit.  (It's 75 mph in spots through Michigan).  I have to leave my radar detector behind as I run the risk of confiscation at the border.  I'm riding the back of a Greyhound...should be interesting.  Especially through Detroit.  The drive back will be quite a pleasure drive.

SFM6S087

Quote from: deathsled on August 29, 2019, 01:25:47 PM
Going to Toronto to pick up my dad's 2013 Boss LS this weekend. He's lost interest in the car at the age of 91. It will be a Vanishing Point kind of drive back to the U.S.  Hopefully no bulldozers along the way.

Richard E.

Stay tuned in to Super Soul for "road condition" updates.

Steve

67 GT350

Yes, Please do! Love the car!
RARE  Signature Delete

Bigfoot

I like that red instead of the silver reflective tape. I think I recall that from the talk when ur Dad was buying it.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

JD

The Boss convention is at Pitt Race (were SAAC 44 was just a few weeks ago) this weekend...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

deathsled

Quote from: Bigfoot on August 30, 2019, 09:04:13 AM
I like that red instead of the silver reflective tape. I think I recall that from the talk when ur Dad was buying it.
I think the car came with silver tape. The owner decided to customize. I'm ahem I mean my dad is leaving as is...

Hope you can keep it. Beautiful car.

Side-Oilers

Through Detroit in a Greyhound?  Hope you're carrying more than a passport.  (But be sure to leave it at the border!)
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

I haven't ruled out the possibility of getting murdered in Detroit.  If it happens, I give all my blessing to make light of those very words on the forum.  It would be quite an ironic turn in my life if it does happen.  I came up with an expression the other day while driving and that is:  The only thing not hidden from us is our own personal past. (Meaning of course that the next twenty-four hours of my life remains hidden.)

JD

Quote from: deathsled on August 30, 2019, 01:22:35 PM
I haven't ruled out the possibility of getting murdered in Detroit.  If it happens, I give all my blessing to make light of those very words on the forum.  It would be quite an ironic turn in my life if it does happen.  I came up with an expression the other day while driving and that is:  The only thing not hidden from us is our own personal past.

How true.

Hope your trip goes well...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0