News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

tire choice

Started by mark p, September 02, 2019, 11:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

It's hard to be sure what might be useful info for others, but there have been a number of tire discussion threads.
I applied through Classic Motorsports Magazine and was selected for a new part time job – Tire Tester for Vredestein... the Sprint Classic radials are intended for older / classic "sports cars", and available in my preferred [and hard to find] 205/60-13s (for the Tiger).
This is a modern high performance / "V" rated summer tire with classic looks, available in a range of 13-14-15 & 16 inch sizes to suit our old cars. These are rated Traction A / Treadwear 220 / Temperature B.
The prices are very reasonable as well.
I've only been on one ride so far, but they were smooth and quiet up to [& well beyond ???] the posted highway limit. I'll follow up once they are broken in and I can push them around some curves.

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Shelby_r_b

I mentioned having these on my Carryover last in a different post, and I love them! Great period correct-ish looks, radials and came in my desired size of 205/70-15.

I highly recommend them. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

Bob Gaines

Thanks for the posts. We need this input as the choices are minimal at best..
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Dwathencars

These tires are popular on series one Jaguar Etypes.  185-15 in that case.   These don't flat spot.  The Goodyears on the Cobra take several miles to smooth out. 
CSX 2367.   Jaguar SS100,XK120, Etype, Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet, 1961 Maserati Vignale Spyder