News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Need advice on transporting car Michigan to Maryland

Started by dso17, September 04, 2019, 10:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dso17

Need advice on transporting car Michigan to Maryland, non running open carrier is ok. Any good leads?  Thanks

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

I make the drive from southern Maryland to the Detroit Dream Cruise most years. First off the roads are terrible in Michigan and there are lots of recent detours, traffic in and around the "Beltway" in the DC area are legendary for traffic back ups. This includes the areas around I-270 and even the Baltimore Beltway
It's about a 10-12 hour drive for us what with lots of gas and food/bathroom stops but it's a pretty easy drive with an EZPass. You can make it in one day but it's a long drive, on the way back this year we left the Detroit area at about 4:30 and stayed the night around Youngstown/Pa border and we're home at 1:30 and we didn't get on the road until around 8:30
All in all it's an easy ride, much easier than driving to Lake George New York last year, because that involved driving through the New York Metro area and that is a nightmare
Go for it
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

OldMil

Check out Lugnut Transport.  509-270-8211, Chris.  Had him transport a few non-opps for me and did a nice job.  Tell him Jack referred you.  Good luck!

stangman39

Chris at www.discountautotransport.com has helped move a lot of cars for me, friends and fam over the last 8 years.
He's a Mustang guy too.