Author Topic: 68 flared Shelby  (Read 4263 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 68 flared Shelby
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 12:16:59 PM »
Doug, it's "heard it in a love song, can't be wrong." Also from the Tucker boys: "Can't you see, oh can't you see, what that Shelby, Lord, he been doing for me?"

Looks like something that might have been modified to look like a Group B version of a 68 Shelby. Interesting that it incorporates a stock Mustang instrument cluster. Also interesting that the owner owns an auto body shop and his Shelby has extensive body modifications, done not by him, but by Shelby years after they ceased manufacturing cars. Just a coincidence? Like randomly picking out the original numbers-matching engine block from a pile of blocks under a tree? Man, this guy has some terrific luck!

It's unfortunate that these over-the-top claims kind of tarnish what otherwise looks like a very cool* and very fun to drive 68.

*The crazy big flares are not my thing, but I can appreciate the look the owner was going for.

Well I've been told that Bill Maier got some of his original molds from other people. Now we know he got the mold for the flairs from Shelby.

Marshall Tucker put it anpther way, "heard it in a love song, must be true".  :o

Good catch. At least you were paying attention. I spell my own name wrong a lot of times too. Not many even remember Marshall. :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
Was it Marvin Gaye that sang..... I heard it thru the GRAPE VINE- Maybe that is where he got his info?

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »
The Orwellian world of alternative facts...all original...restored   :D

I couldn't even watch the whole video.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 03:06:55 PM »
The Orwellian world of alternative facts...all original...restored   :D

I couldn't even watch the whole video.

Yes but what everyone believes for some inexplicable reason is that the guy said that Shelby said he remembered building it. Is that a reflection on Shelby?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 03:20:03 PM »
At 5min 30 Sec, shows the dash. No Tach?

I thought every one had the 8K tack?

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 05:49:18 PM »
At 5min 30 Sec, shows the dash. No Tach?

I thought every one had the 8K tack?

All came with a tach but some are 6000 rpm versions. Most seem to be 8000.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2019, 08:19:00 PM »
If you listen to him shift, it sounds like he is lucky to be around 5k which would be about right for a late model 302 as stated. No need for a tach, when it falls off grab another gear. :-[   Looks like he has a lot of fun with it, but what category would it fall into? A retro mod? Straight out of the late 70s or early 80s :-\