Author Topic: That guy named Mikey ....  (Read 1573 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
That guy named Mikey ....
« on: September 08, 2019, 10:10:33 AM »
His name was Mikey, he was from Miama. He needed a loan. So he walked into a bank in New York City and asked for the loan officer. He told the loan officer that he was going to Paris for an International Arts Festival for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000, and that he was not a depositor of the bank.

The bank officer told him that the bank would need some form of security for the loan, so Mikey handed over the keys to his Ferrari. The car was parked on the street in front of the bank.

Mikey produced the title and everything checked out. The loan officer agreed to hold the car as collateral for the loan and apologized for having to charge 12% interest.

Later, the bank's president and its officers all enjoyed a good laugh at the guy from Miama for using an expensive Ferrari as collateral for a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drove the Ferrari into the bank's private underground garage and parked it.

Two weeks later, Mikey returned, repaid the $5,000 and the interest of 23.07. The loan officer said, "Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled.

While you were away, we checked you out on Dunn & Bradstreet and found that you are a distinguished alumni from the University of Notre Dame, a highly sophisticated investor and multi-millionaire with real estate and financial interests all over the world.

What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"

Mikey replied, "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for only $23.07 and expect it to be there when I return?"

His name was Mikey... Keep an eye on those boys from Miama y'all.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 10:17:13 AM by FL SAAC TONY »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: That guy named Mikey ....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »
Ooooooo!  That's good!  I like it!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
Ooooooo!  That's good!  I like it!

should team up and write something together...we could call our creation ford vs ferrari....naaaaa

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 06:54:17 PM »
Not that but we could team up for an automotive type fictional story. I have a ton of ideas squirreled away on notepads. Just no time to write them all into stories.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 01:35:45 PM »
tag team, tag team we would be unstoppable...

Not that but we could team up for an automotive type fictional story. I have a ton of ideas squirreled away on notepads. Just no time to write them all into stories.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy