Author Topic: The Movie  (Read 6343 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Movie
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 09:57:00 PM »
Fair enough.  Besides most critics on either side of the Atlantic are either hard core feminists these days who will hate the dominant male presence in the movie, or weak minded, effeminate males just slightly left of Karl Marx in their leanings with a strong bent toward identity politics.  So who cares what they say because they don't rate in my books.  That's why I plan to see the movie only with my father when I get back to Toronto.  If you go with somebody who thinks they are a movie critic or has no appreciation for motorsports, I guarantee they will ruin the movie for you afterward.  Or complain during the movie and nudge you to leave before it ends.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 11:47:45 PM »
You are spot on, Richard!  I'm hoping to get in to a screening with a buddy who has connections to the movie. 

Too bad they couldn't shoot it in old fashioned/awesome three-strip Cinerama.  A theater presentation format like Grand Prix would be pretty cool.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »
I had to look up Cinerama. I'd not heard of it before. Likely because growing up in Toronto we never had it. If we did then I was never exposed to Cinerama. It sounds very appealing.

"The three angled cameras photographed an image that was not only three times as wide as a standard film but covered 146 degrees of arc, close to the human field of vision, including peripheral vision."

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »
My dear dear gentlemen, from an englishman..... A) we don't read the guardian  B) we don't listen to film critics!  ....
it'll be great.      john    in edgware

Thanks for the "insider tips".
Why can't "they" juts let "us" enjoy the moment?  ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 05:48:37 PM »
Why can't "they" just let "us" enjoy the moment?  ::)

Because part of their modus operandi is to shame everything automotive.

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »
GLOBAL WARMING!!! GLOBAL WARMING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!  ALL CARS MUST BE BANNED!!!
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 06:44:04 PM »
The world rolls on the wheel.  Even those that complain still partake.  If they were truly altruistic about saving the world they would take the next logical step and end their existence thereby reducing their footprint, carbon and otherwise to an absolute zero.  As an addendum, they offer no viable alternative solutions given current technology.  And the beat goes on.

jguyer

• SAAC Member
  • Any man that eats chili, can't be all bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2019, 07:25:16 PM »
You are spot on, Richard!  I'm hoping to get in to a screening with a buddy who has connections to the movie. 

Too bad they couldn't shoot it in old fashioned/awesome three-strip Cinerama.  A theater presentation format like Grand Prix would be pretty cool.

Not being a big movie-goer, is Imax worth the difference?
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2019, 07:36:44 PM »
The world rolls on the wheel.  Even those that complain still partake.  If they were truly altruistic about saving the world they would take the next logical step and end their existence thereby reducing their footprint, carbon and otherwise to an absolute zero.  As an addendum, they offer no viable alternative solutions given current technology.  And the beat goes on.

Because fixing air pollution isn't their primary objective.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2019, 07:44:30 PM »
My dear dear gentlemen, from an englishman..... A) we don't read the guardian  B) we don't listen to film critics!  we know this film will be brilliant!!!  the critics just "won't get it", you see when they reviewed the Hunt/Lauda film they knew the story beforehand- but know sod all about this one!! The trailer looks awesome , it'll be great.      john    in edgware

Welcome from across the pond! 😊
Nothing beats a classic!

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2019, 10:40:23 AM »

Not only the wheel.  The interior/exterior parts of the car, from the components in their washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc. to the comb in their pocket and frames of their glasses.  Heck, if they rode a bike to the protest, the tires on it.  And, you are right on, they offer no viable option.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339