News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 for sale on ebay

Started by Kent, May 18, 2020, 05:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

Quote from: TJinSA on May 19, 2020, 05:08:02 AM
For us novices, what's the tell-tale sign of owner added?
Bob mentioned the VIN as a quick way to tell.  On '67's the VIN 5th digit indicates if it did or didn't have air conditioning a "1" or a "3" would indicate that it did.  So unless the VIN plate is an altered repro and you can see it or see that number on any supporting paper work (Marti Report) is a easy way to tell.

This is also a quick indicator of engine size, 4-speed or auto,  exterior and interior colors. 
Note some early single/double-digit cars did not have an interior color code "A" = Black or "U" = Parchment (one less digit)

The VIN of the car on this thread is   67400F4A01979
So the breakdown of this cars' VIN:
67 = 1967 (Shelby)
4 = 428 Big Block
0 = 4-speed
0 = no Air, No thermactor
F = Fastback (C = Convert, H = Hardtop/Coupe)
4 = Wimbledon White
A = Black
01979 = car production number, but keep in mind they were not always build at Ford or completed at Shelby in consecutive order.

Hope this helps...and keep in mind this is related to '67 Shelby's.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Shelby_r_b

Thanks, JD!

It always amazes me that the colors black and red are two of the lowest production colors produced in 1967.  Now a days, these two colors are true staples.

...a sign of the times I guess.

Nothing beats a classic!

Hockeylife

Quote from: 2112 on May 18, 2020, 11:53:01 PM
Quote from: Hockeylife on May 18, 2020, 10:48:38 PM
Been recently on both BaT and eBay.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-shelby-gt500-4/

Wonder what he thinks about that bid today?

Assuming there was ever any real money to begin with?

68krrrr

Is it just me or does it look like its got a way taller K & N style air filter on it ,i guess theres plenty of clearance under the hood for that huh
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

The Going Thing

It has a 3" K&N or S&B washable element.  It was on Ebay for 220K for some time. It never sold and there are quite a few poorly done details.
I hope what I heard from Drake is true and they are correcting the color on the snake emblems. I unfortunately have one of the reproductions, but it doesn't look as bad as the emblems on this vehicle.
As for the AC: It was 97 here today and humid. I drove for 45 minutes today with the window down and I was drenched.  I only have to pick up the 7AC power steering pulley and have it plated and I can install the air conditioner.  I can't wait!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: The Going Thing on May 20, 2020, 12:35:04 AM
It has a 3" K&N or S&B washable element.  It was on Ebay for 220K for some time. It never sold and there are quite a few poorly done details.
I hope what I heard from Drake is true and they are correcting the color on the snake emblems. I unfortunately have one of the reproductions, but it doesn't look as bad as the emblems on this vehicle.
As for the AC: It was 97 here today and humid. I drove for 45 minutes today with the window down and I was drenched.  I only have to pick up the 7AC power steering pulley and have it plated and I can install the air conditioner.  I can't wait!

I can only second your thoughts on the AC. Today, it was close to 100 degrees in San Antonio, and my 67's AC was blowing cold. You simply can't beat it!
Nothing beats a classic!

Hockeylife

$111,1000 auction end, does not say "reserve not met". Who knows?

FL SAAC

Unsold

Believe we spoke to the owner / dealer in Miami last year at a C&C. They where looking for 200k at that time
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on May 25, 2020, 08:34:48 PM
Unsold

Believe we spoke to the owner / dealer in Miami last year at a C&C. They where looking for 200k at that time

$200K? Wow.
Nothing beats a classic!

The Going Thing

It was up on Ebay classifieds for 220K. Not a chance.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

That BaT bid looks better every day.

Hockeylife