News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAI - Essex Wire Team Photos on Ebay

Started by silverton_ford, September 10, 2019, 05:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlplunkett

67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

J_Speegle

Quote from: mlplunkett on September 22, 2019, 09:13:55 PM
Looking at his other items has anybody seen an early Shelby with a vinyl top?

Yep 6S001

But the one in  the picture posted in the ebay ad is possible a different car or something else is going on. Notice the interior
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

acman63

yep  no pony interior.  Ive seen two different cars of the outtakes of the 66 Sales brochure and always wondered if there were two cars used in the ads
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

honker

I think this has been covered here before, can any lead me to, or tell me more about this car ? I know it was an ex Tour de France

car, did this car go to Comstock Racing in Canada at some point ? In the photos the car has different #s, 71 in one photo and 199 ?

in another, there is a Daytona coupe in the next stall. how many times did it race ? I haven't my registry at hand, is it in there ?

Mike

TransamEd

The 71/199 Mustang was driven by Skip Scott, not by the Comstock Racing Team, it was only there at CRT during a visit of a journalist and described as a clapped out car in an article (Car and Driver without looking up). Yes it was DPK7B, the (in its class) winning TDF 1964 car sent over directly after TDF 64.
Later went back to HM and then being driven by Jack Brabham, finally being sold to the Netherlands and later on wrecked in a dutch salvage yard. Much longer story, but ..to take not too much space here.