News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

FRAUDULENT "CSX 2009" BEING OFFERED FOR SALE

Started by Cobra Ned, September 12, 2019, 08:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra Ned

Someone in the U.S. is attempting to sell a poorly built replica as CSX 2009, offering it privately as a "very early car, just 2200 miles, all documentation included. $1.3 million." The car is a complete fraud and, as replicas go, shouldn't fool anyone, especially at that price. THE GENUINE CAR IS IN EUROPE.

deathsled

I'm surprised they aren't selling it as a rare factory pink car judging by some of the inventory in the background.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

Side-Oilers

It's such an early special Carroll Shelby prototype that I 'll bet it's fiberglass!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on September 12, 2019, 08:49:34 AM
I'm surprised they aren't selling it as a rare factory pink car judging by some of the inventory in the background.
Mary Kay's personal Cobra
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 12, 2019, 02:12:36 PM
Quote from: deathsled on September 12, 2019, 08:49:34 AM
Mary Kay's personal Cobra
Yes, of course! I should have known.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

gt350hr

Holman Moody stickers are becoming the new "caution fan" sticker. Popping up everywhere. Nothing looks right on this one with the possible exception of the steering column. Time for the feds to step in.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on September 12, 2019, 03:26:42 PM
   Holman Moody stickers are becoming the new "caution fan" sticker. Popping up everywhere. Nothing looks right on this one with the possible exception of the steering column. Time for the feds to step in.

There isn't anything that you can do about it except...buy it, then go to the District Attorney and file fraud charges.

The next best thing to do is just black list it.

Exactly where is the car and who is selling it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Cobra Ned

Woud have provided more information if I had it. The seller has been offering the car privately rather than advertising it, for obvious reasons. It would seem that maybe someone might recognize the other junk in the photo and offer a possible location.

shelbydoug

Lots of sleuths here. It'll turn up eventually. For that price it isn't likely to be sold anytime soon. Even a hedge fund person would likely know better, or is that a hedgehog? I forget the difference now?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

^^
One has hooves and one does not.
Both can be found at zoo.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI