Author Topic: Hertz  (Read 1433 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Hertz
« on: October 25, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »
I’m in D.C. for a convention this weekend, and rented a car from my favorite rental company.  I was tempted to take this one, but I couldn’t betray my love of all things Shelby.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Hertz
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 07:37:30 PM »
I love C7's.

Too bad they ceased production to make the new abomination.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »
Don't expect any revival of the old Shelby/Hertz association for some time.  It will be Corvettes.  It has been noted elsewhere that the current Pres. of Hertz was on the GM board for a number fo years may have something to do with the switch back to GM for the sports models.   
Based on the price for the new C8, I would not be surprised to see it added to the Ultimate Collection rentals with high rental rates for those who just want to try one or be seen in one.
8)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 11:27:19 PM »
Hertz is cycling out a fair number of the vette's through their auto sales. Not cheap so will be interesting what the C8's will go for after a year or so of rental use. (approx 7-10K miles)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 10:51:08 AM »
Don't expect any revival of the old Shelby/Hertz association for some time.  It will be Corvettes.  It has been noted elsewhere that the current Pres. of Hertz was on the GM board for a number fo years may have something to do with the switch back to GM for the sports models.   
Based on the price for the new C8, I would not be surprised to see it added to the Ultimate Collection rentals with high rental rates for those who just want to try one or be seen in one.
8)

THAT sucks!  I had no idea.  Well, it was a fun ride while it lasted...  :'(
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 05:10:45 PM »
8)

+1
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy