News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1965 GT350 original Delco tachometer

Started by kram350, September 13, 2019, 09:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kram350

Original tach. No issues, works as it should. Bezel nice, some clouding on the glass, but barely noticeable. Light bulb holders there, never appears to have been apart. $5,500.00. 

texas swede

Light bulb holders? I thought the original tach has an internal light.
Are you talking about the light holders for the oil pressure gauge?
Texas Swede

mygt350

If memory is right, there is a molded bulb holder (think its black) that slips into back of tach. Oil pressure lighting is from a bulb mounted to side of oil pressure gauge.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

texas swede

Martin,
My original tach has an internal light and I looked at some pictures you sent me many years ago and the backside doesn't show any signs of a holder. There are two holes covered by some silver tape though.
Texas Swede

mygt350

Under the 2 round silver foil disks is where the black twist in bulb holder is. It does not have any wires and simply holds the bulb in place. Am looking at a never used Service Replacement Tach. Thus, it is a internal lamp, but it is under the foil which can be gently be peeled back to access the holder to replace a failed lamp.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

kram350

Under two foil disks there are black bulb holders that twist and lock into place onto the circuit board that powers the lights.

texas swede

You are both correct and the lights are internal to the tach.
My bad, misunderstood the post.
Texas Swede