News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Mustang salvage yards

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, September 14, 2019, 07:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Can some of you post the names, or web sites of salvage yards out there that specialize in Mustang parts. I know that there are some out there (and I will post those that I have discovered) and I am sure that it would help all of us to locate those parts that we need.

kingchief

Please, anything will help!  I am getting OLD and need some parts [for my car!!!].

Steve
SFM 6S406

roddster

Small issue:  Some totally cleaned out a few years back when scrap metal prices peaked.

Coralsnake

Your talking 50 plus years, most have been depleted and picked over.

Bigfoot

Bumped into one 1/2 hour outside of LA border with Kiwi on our way to go dirt bike riding.
That was 6 years ago.
Yard would also rent cars to movie houses.
Posted a pic here and another member here chimed in he knew it too.
Can't recall other details.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

J_Speegle

One of the reasons to consider purchasing a good solid parts car (most often a coupe) built at the same time and plant as the car your working on. Often provides needed even correctly dated parts you need, multiple duplicate parts to pick from on in other areas of the car and the car/body can be sold/passed on to another builder once your done. Know some that purchased cars just to get a couple of difficult parts - dash pads, firewall pads and body panels come to mind.

Have seen some that pasted through four builders - each taking donor parts though the first buyer gets the majority and gains the most but all get a benefit

Just a thought for those in need.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

NC TRACKRAT

Sadly, a bunch went to the "Great Salvage Yard in the Sky" when the dreaded "Clunker" buy-back program was implemented.  I'm sure there are more than a few of us "old geezers" on the Forum who are no longer restoring cars but who have a variety of parts left over or "squirreled" away.  If someone has a list of needed parts, suggest using the "Wanted to Buy" feature.  You'll be surprised at the response.
5S071, 6S1467

Special Ed

Denver colorado   biggest mustang yard left  3000 or so stacked on top each other but not open to public (unless u have a local connection)  u have to call and they pull the parts for you.

JWH

Ed is referring to Colorado Mustang. You are not allowed to walk the yard and pull parts, but tell them what you need and they will pull it for you and ship in a day. Ask for Mike, he has been there since the '70s and very knowledgeable
Www.coloradomustang.com

jswoody

Quote from: JWH on September 15, 2019, 06:36:22 AM
Ed is referring to Colorado Mustang. You are not allowed to walk the yard and pull parts, but tell them what you need and they will pull it for you and ship in a day. Ask for Mike, he has been there since the '70s and very knowledgeable
Www.coloradomustang.com

1+, Colorado Mustang is a good option.  They are very helpful and knowledgeable. 

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I have discovered Mustang Masters in FL.  Freddie has a very good selection of Mustangs, for parts.  He, and David are easy to deal with. I will recommend that you make sure that you have a good list of parts to order since there is a minimum shipping charge. But you do get your choice of quality, and you will pay extra for the very nice pieces.  https://www.mustangmasters.com/Home_Page.php 

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Here are a couple more that I have come across.  I have NOT dealt with them, so I cannot give recommendations either way.  If someone uses them, or has used them in the past, and would report back to the forum, I am sure we would appreciate it insight.

There is Rancho Mustangs in California    http://ranchomustangparts.com/     

In Connecticut, there Chuck and Eddies    https://www.chuckandeddies.com/

TLea

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on September 15, 2019, 08:30:17 AM
I have discovered Mustang Masters in FL.  Freddie has a very good selection of Mustangs, for parts.  He, and David are easy to deal with. 
Careful. You may want to google others experiences with him

JessC

I have a guy that has Mustang parts a little bit north of LA Calif.
It is Called MUSTANG  MD  the guy that runs it is Paul.
I have other connections out here in Calif.. not to say they are salvage yards
Just my  $.02
Jess

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

There's a guy in Southern Maryland, Mikes' Mustang's. He used to have literally a couple thousand cars. They made him clean out acres of cars. It was the spot to go for that odd OEM part to restore or find
Still around but much smaller
Look up Mikes Mustang Shop in Southern Maryland
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎