Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 4027 times)

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: Brakes
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2019, 08:16:18 AM »
That is great advise. If my car was experiencing this, would I have brakes practically when just touching the pedal? I have to push the pedal about an inch plus to get braking, so how can the rod be adjusted to long?
RARE  Signature Delete

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 09:03:09 AM »
The Ford service manual has the procedure for checking and adjusting the master cylinder rod length - it is adjustable.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 10:29:29 AM »
The check valve mentioned actually is located underneath the tube seat(s) for the lines coming out of the MC,  you cannot see them by removing the bowl cover.
The disc brake MC is supposed to have a check valve in the line going to rear brake, while drum brake MC has check valves in both lines.
I really doubt your problem is there especially if they worked OK at one time.

Here's a diagram. If it's still in yours it will keep the discs from releasing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:31:30 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

6s855

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
Since brakes are the topic, I hope I'm not straying too far..... But has anyone had any experience with Apple Hydraulics rebuilding their calipers?  It would be the closest place for us on the east coast.  White post seems to have marginal reviews.

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 06:33:08 PM »
Since brakes are the topic, I hope I'm not straying too far..... But has anyone had any experience with Apple Hydraulics rebuilding their calipers?  It would be the closest place for us on the east coast.  White post seems to have marginal reviews.

I have a early 66 master cylinder that White Post rebuilt.  I could never get it to stay bleed, so I removed from car and put in a new one.  It has now been too long to send back, so I am frustrated with the expensive rebuild that I cannot use.

Cory