Author Topic: Fact or Fiction? 7F02S126257 with a Shelby Automotive plate.  (Read 2667 times)

67_1183

• SAAC Member
  • Southern Oregon - SAAC Member since 1977
    • View Profile
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Fact or Fiction? 7F02S126257 with a Shelby Automotive plate.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 03:39:29 PM »
Pretty crude attempt to add BS hype to a car IMO.  Shelby American 65-67 .  Shelby Automotive started in 1968. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

OldMil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 03:42:14 PM »
Looking at the entire listing, It is probably there to cover up the non- S-code vin of the car.  Has an S-code door tag (not attached) and a C-code title.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 04:08:55 PM »
Looking at the entire listing, It is probably there to cover up the non- S-code vin of the car.  Has an S-code door tag (not attached) and a C-code title.

Body does not appear to be a C code ;)

Looks like the seller messed up and included a picture of another cars door tag and paperwork as well as the door tag from the car

Rust worms sure feed well on the carcass it appears
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:13:53 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 05:24:04 PM »
Looks rather "fictionalized" shall I say.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 06:42:42 PM »
Fiction

No question

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »

Body does not appear to be a C code ;)

Looks like the seller messed up and included a picture of another cars door tag and paperwork as well as the door tag from the car

Rust worms sure feed well on the carcass it appears
No, he included the extra door tag and title on purpose.  Here's what he states,  "What I do have that I will offer with the car is my personal Collectable document for a 1968 ford mustang fastback -  title and matching tag which is a 289 ,4 speed car.
In other words REBODY using a 1968 door tag and title on a 1967 FB??  Wow, Where is an attorney when you need him?!!

And to beat all, he has a 100% feedback with well over 1000 transactions :o
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:12:46 PM by 69mach351w »

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 08:21:58 PM »
No, he included the extra door tag and title on purpose.  Here's what he states,  "What I do have that I will offer with the car is my personal Collectable document for a 1968 ford mustang fastback -  title and matching tag which is a 289 ,4 speed car.
In other words REBODY using a 1968 door tag and title on a 1967 FB??  Wow, Where is an attorney when you need him?!!

What would the purpose since he included the S code door tag also? Yes the title and the tag are matching (289 4 speed car)  though not related to the car

Why would someone rebody the S code?   Guess someone might use the door tag and title to do something but that\s not really a rebody since it doesn't include the stamped VIN nor windshield tag.   Guess we're both reading and interpreting the facts differently and that IMHO is OK
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

stangman39

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 08:45:39 AM »
My take is...
Seller has not proven there is a true S code VIN on the car....but oh he has a door tag for an S code that he claims came from the car he is selling.
S code tag is for a dark moss car and the car being sold looks pretty red to me!
He doesn't have a title for the S code tag but since he's such a nice guy he'll throw in for "collectible" purposes a title for a 68 tag he has!

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 09:19:02 AM »
If it is an S code car, shouldn't there be shock tower reinforcements? Or was that only for 68's?
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
  No shock tower reinforcements on an early 67 S code that I own.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 01:17:50 PM »
If it is an S code car, shouldn't there be shock tower reinforcements? Or was that only for 68's?

Not sure which "reinforcements" your referring to. If your looking for the wrap around style seen on 68 and up then no it should have. If referring to the edges of the inner shock tower being welded (tack or continuous depending on plant and time period) then yes.

There are other visible features also in the pictures

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 05:29:58 PM »
My take is...
Seller has not proven there is a true S code VIN on the car....but oh he has a door tag for an S code that he claims came from the car he is selling.
S code tag is for a dark moss car and the car being sold looks pretty red to me!
He doesn't have a title for the S code tag but since he's such a nice guy he'll throw in for "collectible" purposes a title for a 68 tag he has!
+1, Man this is SO WRONG from all angles!!

But someone will get screwed and not even know it.  They see the Shelby tag and "OMG", ITS A SHELBY I BETTER BID ON THIS ::)