Author Topic: Don't you just love it when......  (Read 5884 times)

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Don't you just love it when......
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 09:00:21 PM »
A few months ago I went to the hospital to see my mom who is in long term care.  It was a Sunday and I parked in the lower parking lot as far away from the hospital as possible.  No one in the lower parking lot and I was the only one there when I pulled in.

After visiting my mom for an hour we come out and of course there is this f#cker in a truck who had parked in the stall right beside me.

As we approached my car I told my wife if there happened to be a door ding on my car I was going to wreck that truck and I would have done it too.

Lucky for f#ucker trucker, and probably lucky for me there was no issues with my car.  People are catastrophically stupid!!

QSS
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 09:04:06 PM by QuickSilverShelby »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Shelby73

• 828-308-8103
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »
A fellow I know one time parked his car at the end of a parking lot at a restaurant to keep anyone from dinging his car up and when he came out to leave he said there was a billy goat standing on his hood eating something off a tree. I hated to laugh but it was the funniest thing I ever heard,
67 Cobra CSX3251  65 K-code Conv
65 5S073.               65 A-code fastback
66 6S304.                67 390 GTA Conv.
66 Hertz 6S1863.      67 Playboy Coupe
68 KR Conv. 2529.     70 Mach1
07 Shelby Hertz Conv. 69 Z/28
66 MK1A Tiger.            66 Vette coupe
13 GT500                   
69 Boss 429

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »
A few months ago I went to the hospital to see my mom who is in long term care.  It was a Sunday and I parked in the lower parking lot as far away from the hospital as possible.  No one in the lower parking lot and I was the only one there when I pulled in.

After visiting my mom for an hour we come out and of course there is this f#cker in a truck who had parked in the stall right beside me.

As we approached my car I told my wife if there happened to be a door ding on my car I was going to wreck that truck and I would have done it too.

Lucky for f#ucker trucker, and probably lucky for me there was no issues with my car.  People are catastrophically stupid!!

QSS

My first impression would be that he wanted to be close to the Shelby to take a look.  But that simply is not the case and I will tell you why.  I drive an ordinary 2001 white Lincoln Towncar and even when I park far away, by myself, I get treated to the same thing.  Empty parking lot and someone parks right next to me.  I just don't get those people.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2019, 11:46:42 PM »
A fellow I know one time parked his car at the end of a parking lot at a restaurant to keep anyone from dinging his car up and when he came out to leave he said there was a billy goat standing on his hood eating something off a tree. I hated to laugh but it was the funniest thing I ever heard,

That IS funny.

Parked a motorcycle at my aunt's house and her freaking goat ate the seat! Every spec of vinyl and foam long gone. Just springs left over!

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2019, 04:20:01 AM »
I hate that parking close to me sh*t too. Happens almost every time I take my Kirkham out.

As for goats, a buddy of mine told me that once on the farm where he grew up, his mom came out and saw a pair of goats eating the plastic bumper parts  on her car.  She went inside, got the shotgun and there were two less goats on the ol' farm. 
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2019, 08:10:24 AM »
Palm trees and Shelbys.  Dreamy.

welcome to our world...
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2019, 08:13:20 AM »
On a different note, looking at how they parked next to you, their methodology assures that a door would be opening toward your Shelby on both sides even if there were no passengers in their respective vehicles.  Attacked from both sides by driver's doors.  Nice strategy.  It's almost as if by design that they wanted a door on each side to open toward your bodywork.  Extremely frustrating.  Ford GT?  Too good for any parking lot in my opinion.  You should have those red velvet ropes they use at movie theaters for crowd control when you park either the Ford GT or the Shelby and then have two ushers one on each side to monitor things.  In an idealized fantasy world of course.

hmmmmm could have been terrorists,  but once out of their MB just nice folks out for some brunch

actually spoke to them both once inside ad they asked who owned the RED car....my wife

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2019, 08:14:35 AM »
now tell me how you really feel about truckers....be candid

QSS

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 08:17:15 AM »

now that's one baaaaaa... d  situation

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 09:26:13 AM »
a friend had these made and has them in his car

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2019, 09:43:39 AM »
I like it! Of course to be dispensed when you are leaving the lot.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »

I drive an F150 so I too am a "trucker".   I just don't happen to be a "f#cker trucker".

Big difference there. ;D

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2019, 07:14:29 PM »
that happened to us in the delorean...couldn't get back to the future

And if you park like a jerk (diagonal) you are really asking for it!

I fear the day I take my Ford GT and park out there, only to find I cannot open the doors.

Just take 2 spaces

Taking two spaces could be even more dangerous.  You are inviting would be key scratchers to teach you a lesson.  I learned that lesson hard.  Back in circa 1985, I parked a 66 Mustang fastback away from everything and took two parking spots.  When I cam out of the store for only a short time, I had a key scratch the entire length of the car on one side.  Since then, I stay between the lines.  I also try to find a end spot or a spot with two passenger doors to the spot.  Work the probabilities to your advantage and you will be fine.  I even park the family car with this strategy, drives my wife nuts.  Sometimes if I see a better spot, I will move the car too.

Best of luck

Cory
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:06:55 PM by 6s1640 »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2019, 07:20:54 AM »
that happened to us in the delorean...couldn't get back to the future

And if you park like a jerk (diagonal) you are really asking for it!

I fear the day I take my Ford GT and park out there, only to find I cannot open the doors.

Just take 2 spaces

Taking two spaces could be even more dangerous.  You are inviting would be key scratchers to teach you a lesson.  I learned that lesson hard.  Back in circa 1985, I parked a 66 Mustang fastback away from everything and took two parking spots.  When I cam out of the store for only a short time, I had a key scratch the entire length of the car on one side.  Since then, I stay between the lines.  I also try to find a end spot or a spot with two passenger doors to the spot.  Work the probabilities to your advantage and you will be fine.  I even park the family car with this strategy, drives my wife nuts.  Sometimes if I see a better spot, I will move the car too.

Best of luck

Cory

enjoy the ride

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2019, 07:22:05 AM »

I drive an F150 so I too am a "trucker".   I just don't happen to be a "f#cker trucker".

Big difference there. ;D

QSS

dang , we have an f truck also....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy