News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Favorite Movie Cars. Non-Shelby

Started by terlingua11, September 18, 2019, 05:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terlingua11

I thought it might be interesting to go off the reservation and see who else has a favorite move car that wasn't a Shelby. I've always been a Shelby guy with a soft spot for the Trans Am as it was my first car as a kid. Smokey and the Bandit and Hooper come to mind. But the car that has always intrigued me was the Cuda from Phantasm. That movie was crazy. I can still remember the scary tall guy stopping on the street to feel the cold air coming from the refrigeration truck or something like that.

Anyway, that Cuda has always been at the top of my list for "other" "non-shelby" cars. Who else has a favorite-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

deathsled

70 Dodge Challenger 426 Hemi 4 speed pistol grip. Preferably white. But any color will suffice for that car.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

the 1973 trans american in thunderbolt and lightfoot
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SHELB66

I would have to go with the white '70 Challenger 440 4spd that was in the original Vanishing Point with Barry Newman.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

Richstang

As a kid, I was all about the '77-'78 Trans Am in 'Smokey and the Bandit'. I even got a Huffy (?) bicycle called the bandit in black and gold.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Chris Thauberger

Vanishing Point.. favorite movie as a kid.

Kowalski's 1970 Challenger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

68countrysedan

1974 McQ with John Wayne driving a green Firebird  Trans Am. Note that it did not have the chicken hood decal.

honker

James Taylor, Brian Wilson and the chick  :-*  in that Chevy, from Two Lane Black Top, what a great film ! when I went to see it at

the cinema in period, I think I was just about the only person there   ::)  It only played for a couple of nights

Mike

Side-Oilers

It's not a movie car, but one that most anyone who watched TV in 1968-69 will remember...Mannix's Dart GTS 340 convertible, with subtle "kustom" work by Barris.

I loved it then, and it's in my garage now. Tracked it down ten years ago and bought it.

Then I got in touch with Mannix star Mike Connors and reunited him with the car for a magazine article and TV segment I did. 

That day, the inner kid in me had a lifelong dream come true.  Pretty cool feeling.

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

that 55 chevy was also used in american graffiti

in the movie the yellow deuce coupe was the hero

the race the deuce won was the changing of the guard (old vs new)

in real life that 55 would have smoked the deuce coupe

it was prepped with a big block Chevy, square port heads, muncie 4 speed , 4.88 gears, full suspension and discs all around

going from memory it was a 10 second street / strip car

Quote from: honker on September 18, 2019, 07:28:24 PM
James Taylor, Brian Wilson and the chick  :-*  in that Chevy, from Two Lane Black Top, what a great film ! when I went to see it at

the cinema in period, I think I was just about the only person there   ::)  It only played for a couple of nights

Mike
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Richstang

Quote from: Side-Oilers on September 18, 2019, 07:28:56 PM
It's not a movie car, but one that most anyone who watched TV in 1968-69 will remember...Mannix's Dart GTS 340 convertible, with subtle "kustom" work by Barris.

I loved it then, and it's in my garage now. Tracked it down ten years ago and bought it.

Then I got in touch with Mannix star Mike Connors and reunited him with the car for a magazine article and TV segment I did. 

That day, the inner kid in me had a lifelong dream come true.  Pretty cool feeling.

Nice one Van!

It looks like a car Dodge could have made. Barris didn't go overboard on that one.
Neat story that you hunted and found it.
The signed photo of the reunion is a fantastic memento from that day!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

67 GT350

Come on people, what about the Mustang II, Pinto's, and Maverak's from Charlie's Angles???? (No picture needed or wanted)
RARE  Signature Delete

NC TRACKRAT

The "King of Cool"'s 1970 911S he drove in the opening scenes of "LeMans": https://player.vimeo.com/video/5719430
5S071, 6S1467

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Richstang on September 18, 2019, 08:06:21 PM
Quote from: Side-Oilers on September 18, 2019, 07:28:56 PM

Nice one Van!

It looks like a car Dodge could have made. Barris didn't go overboard on that one.
Neat story that you hunted and found it.
The signed photo of the reunion is a fantastic memento from that day!

Thanks, Rich and JD!  Here's a YouTube link to the TV segment I did:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBOAJSF1ypA
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model