News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Buyer Beware 1967 1968 1969 1970 Shelby Mustang rear shocks

Started by Bob Gaines, October 03, 2019, 07:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

I saw this and hope the seller changes his ad. In case he doesn't I wanted to post something hear so forum members do not make a mistake. The details on these shocks are deductions in concours judging for Shelby. The following is the message I sent the seller. " I thought you should know that the shocks are shaped like the NON adjustable shocks and not the adjustable shocks on 67-70 Shelby's . They are shaped like the regular Mustang rear shocks 65-67 which had fine threads .68-70 used course threads . Also  you may have gotten confused with the information because in mid 1968 production to early 69 production regular non adjustable shocks were used specifically on GT500 4 speeds only. Before and after that time frame the Autolite adjustable's were used. So in summation a shock that looks like the auction ones were not used on any year Shelby because of the shape and the fine threads. They do look like regular Mustang rear shocks used on 65-67 because of their shape and fine threads. Just tying to save a headache with a disgruntled buyer trying to hold you to the letter of your description. Best of luck with your auction . Bob Gaines Shelby concours judge SAAC ,MCA,Mid America Shelby https://www.ebay.com/itm/362772431829
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby