Author Topic: More Paint Items  (Read 1351 times)

myanchar

• View Profile
More Paint Items
« on: September 20, 2019, 12:17:35 PM »
My son and i are doing a frame off restoration of a 69 GT500.  We had the body work and paint done by Tri City Mustang in St Charles Mi, Jeff and his crew did an awesome job.  They were recommended on this thread.  Now we are starting on the everything else.  When I first joined SAAC the forums had a post that basically told you what color every part was.  I understand that we lost the web site and a lot of that information.  I've done a couple of searches and cannot find it.  Where can i find what color paints on what parts, what is raw steel, what markings, etc.  We are starting with the rear end and then plan to go to the front suspension. 
Thanks for your help,
Mike and Joe

polyglas

• View Profile
Re: More Paint Items
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »
Mike and Joe, I would start by getting advice from Jeff at Tri City, as they are one of top restoration shops in country as I'm sure you already know. Jeff is a great resource you can trust.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: More Paint Items
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:11:21 PM »
Another place for at least a basic starting point would be to join MCA or at least gain access to their written and published judging sheets/rules. They will list many individual parts and what is expected as to their finish (painted, plated, natural .....) .  Will not cover everything but will give you a starting point when looking for a list of "everything".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:08:57 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge