Author Topic: Marchal lights on Shelby's  (Read 2808 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Marchal lights on Shelby's
« on: September 20, 2019, 01:51:45 PM »
I know '68 Shelby Mustang's used Marchal lights up until April of 1968 before switching over to Lucas, and that they were rectangular.  I recently acquired some round six inch aftermarket foglamp covers with a Cobra motif on them.  They are NOS and look to be from the late '60's/early '70s. They look exactly like the round Marchal covers that come up for sale pretty regularly.   My question is were round fog/auxiliary lights ever used routinely on any of the early Shelby cars? 

Either way, I like the looks of these things.  They may not be worth much, but they look nice in the collection.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Marchal lights on Shelby's
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 02:04:07 PM »
I know '68 Shelby Mustang's used Marchal lights up until April of 1968 before switching over to Lucas, and that they were rectangular.  I recently acquired some round six inch aftermarket foglamp covers with a Cobra motif on them.  They are NOS and look to be from the late '60's/early '70s. They look exactly like the round Marchal covers that come up for sale pretty regularly.   My question is were round fog/auxiliary lights ever used routinely on any of the early Shelby cars? 

Either way, I like the looks of these things.  They may not be worth much, but they look nice in the collection.
No round foglights used on 68-70 Shelby's
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67gt500

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 05:18:16 PM »
I still have a set of those that I picked up at a swap meet 30 years ago.. I never did find out where or what they fitted.. but they looked cool sitting on the shelf in the cave..
Hope you can find out more about them..

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 05:31:31 PM »

I figured so Bob, just trying to make sense out of why they would even make these.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »

I figured so Bob, just trying to make sense out of why they would even make these.
  I have seen round Marchal foglights before just not any ever used on Shelby's . I just answered your question the way it was asked . I had no reason to follow up on what application they might be used on. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »
I've seen those covers before. I don't think they are Shelby related. The snake was just borrowed for that application. I think it was on a Baja type PU truck with a roll/light bar mounting? Late 70s early 80s.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 02:15:33 PM »
had a pair on my 58 speedster. They look cool and period correct

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 09:16:10 PM »
Tried them on my '65 GT convertible, but I don't know...

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 08:56:25 AM »
I think it makes the car look cross-eyed.   :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 07:40:26 PM »
Contact Richard Rawlings at G-ass Monkey. He has that abortion of a '68 Shelby convertible. Perhaps they'll work on the roll bar lights.....

-Keith