News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Marchal lights on Shelby's

Started by BGlover67, September 20, 2019, 01:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I know '68 Shelby Mustang's used Marchal lights up until April of 1968 before switching over to Lucas, and that they were rectangular.  I recently acquired some round six inch aftermarket foglamp covers with a Cobra motif on them.  They are NOS and look to be from the late '60's/early '70s. They look exactly like the round Marchal covers that come up for sale pretty regularly.   My question is were round fog/auxiliary lights ever used routinely on any of the early Shelby cars? 

Either way, I like the looks of these things.  They may not be worth much, but they look nice in the collection.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on September 20, 2019, 01:51:45 PM
I know '68 Shelby Mustang's used Marchal lights up until April of 1968 before switching over to Lucas, and that they were rectangular.  I recently acquired some round six inch aftermarket foglamp covers with a Cobra motif on them.  They are NOS and look to be from the late '60's/early '70s. They look exactly like the round Marchal covers that come up for sale pretty regularly.   My question is were round fog/auxiliary lights ever used routinely on any of the early Shelby cars? 

Either way, I like the looks of these things.  They may not be worth much, but they look nice in the collection.
No round foglights used on 68-70 Shelby's
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67gt500

I still have a set of those that I picked up at a swap meet 30 years ago.. I never did find out where or what they fitted.. but they looked cool sitting on the shelf in the cave..
Hope you can find out more about them..

BGlover67

Quote from: Bob Gaines on September 20, 2019, 02:04:07 PM

I figured so Bob, just trying to make sense out of why they would even make these.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on September 20, 2019, 05:31:31 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on September 20, 2019, 02:04:07 PM

I figured so Bob, just trying to make sense out of why they would even make these.
I have seen round Marchal foglights before just not any ever used on Shelby's . I just answered your question the way it was asked . I had no reason to follow up on what application they might be used on. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

I've seen those covers before. I don't think they are Shelby related. The snake was just borrowed for that application. I think it was on a Baja type PU truck with a roll/light bar mounting? Late 70s early 80s.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

sfm5s081

had a pair on my 58 speedster. They look cool and period correct

BGlover67

Tried them on my '65 GT convertible, but I don't know...

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

BGlover67

I think it makes the car look cross-eyed.   :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

1967 eight barrel

Contact Richard Rawlings at G-ass Monkey. He has that abortion of a '68 Shelby convertible. Perhaps they'll work on the roll bar lights.....

-Keith