Author Topic: 392 Challenger outruns cops  (Read 2883 times)

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 392 Challenger outruns cops
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 09:47:26 AM »
Most Friday and Saturday evenings you can watch this play out in real time, from the other perspective, on Live PD. Unless the person being pursued has done something real serious, they call off chases pretty routinely. They're not going to put a lot of lives at stake because a license plate lamp was out or someone rolled through a stop sign. The beginning of the video was very tame which makes me wonder why the LEO lit them up in the first place.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 11:01:36 AM »
To me it was entertaining to watch but it seemed highly unlikely that a car drives around with cameras mounted front and back to record a chase seen. IF law enforcement had a real chase on their hands you wouldn't want to have cameras hanging all over your car to show what you do for fun. In remote locations many are friends with the local cop and play games like that or maybe he had a friend with an old cop car purchased from an auction and said lets make a u tube vid so we can get paid when lots of people watch our videos. ;) Maybe its just my experience with driving fast cars or living in the big city like Los Angeles that NO ONE drives like that trying to evade, or the cop whos car doesnt exceed 60- 70 mph :-[ There was no sense of urgency on any ones part but that could be how they do it out in the sticks. We have a few law enforcement guys maybe they could add their views on things.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 01:24:56 PM »
To me it was entertaining to watch but it seemed highly unlikely that a car drives around with cameras mounted front and back to record a chase seen. IF law enforcement had a real chase on their hands you wouldn't want to have cameras hanging all over your car to show what you do for fun. In remote locations many are friends with the local cop and play games like that or maybe he had a friend with an old cop car purchased from an auction and said lets make a u tube vid so we can get paid when lots of people watch our videos. ;) Maybe its just my experience with driving fast cars or living in the big city like Los Angeles that NO ONE drives like that trying to evade, or the cop whos car doesnt exceed 60- 70 mph :-[ There was no sense of urgency on any ones part but that could be how they do it out in the sticks. We have a few law enforcement guys maybe they could add their views on things.

acting !

and the best chase scene goes to....
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 392 Challenger outrun cops
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »
That's what happens when the Department decides to save on gas money and buys the cop package with the smallest engine.
A city near me had a 6 cylinder in the car they assigned to a 4 block long set of stores. They called it their Mall Car and once everyone found out what it was they all ran away from it.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless