Author Topic: 68 GT500 sway bar end links  (Read 1484 times)

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
68 GT500 sway bar end links
« on: September 23, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »
Took 68 #181 out for a drive yesterday and lost an end link.  I found some parts, but not everything.  Does anyone have a NOS one kicking around?  Is there a concours correct repro out there?  Thanks.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 68 GT500 sway bar end links
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 03:17:23 PM »
Took 68 #181 out for a drive yesterday and lost an end link.  I found some parts, but not everything.  Does anyone have a NOS one kicking around?  Is there a concours correct repro out there?  Thanks.
AMK sells one for 68. The makers marks are not correct on the ones I have seen but other then that it is fine . I reuse the original bolts. FYI nothing special on the 68 end link kit as it was the same as the regular Mustang. The NOS service kits I have had did not have the correct assemblyline makers marks on the heads of the bolts ether.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 05:35:08 PM »
I spoke to Jack at Dead Nuts On and he says these are correct for 68 as well as 69-70.  What do you think?

https://www.deadnutson.com/front-sway-bar-end-link-kit/

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 07:10:52 PM »
I spoke to Jack at Dead Nuts On and he says these are correct for 68 as well as 69-70.  What do you think?

https://www.deadnutson.com/front-sway-bar-end-link-kit/
I think those look good and are close to one of the different makers marks that I have seen.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 08:52:41 PM »
They look like what's on the car now.  Just wasn't sure if if they were correct.  Jack said he was going to update his website to include 68.  Thanks Bob