Author Topic: Why Car Museums are Closing  (Read 8975 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Why Car Museums are Closing
« on: September 27, 2019, 08:43:10 PM »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Why Car Museums are Closing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 08:23:42 AM »
Cant believe I missed your post, this guy is spot on with his qoutes and predictions;

dust collectors,  we will hoard the cars, trailered from far away, took my family to a car show but did not spend time with them, notable figures walking around , they dont care....

That is why we have many diverse events.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.  Ferris Bueller
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 10:17:41 AM »
Interesting video.

I watched a few other videos he has posted. He is definitely opinionated.

Definition of opinion - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Trouble is he doesn't present any empirical data to back up his predictions. Plenty of supposition and conjecture. He plays on the emotions of the viewer. He frequently wanders off topic and rambles about how he did or knows something which is the very thing he is seems to be against (the washed up race car driver comment).

He may actually be right about a few things but, for all the wrong reasons.

This doesn't make him reasonable just makes him lucky.

I suggest you watch his rant on internet trolls and how to deal with them. This one might hit close to home for some of you  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk07t7gLyI8

Hilarious. I'm still laughing.

Pay close attention, he never actually answers the question how to deal with them.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:32:12 PM by Chris Thauberger »
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »
I hate to inform the guy but at 38, he isn't a "relevant young person" as he puts it.  Come on fella's I'm sure he has the answer, you just have to go to his website where he probably has a downloadable $19.95 ebook that gives you all the super secrets LOL!!!  He also sounds a little butt hurt because these "smart rich donors" didn't give him the keys to the city....HUMM I wonder why. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 02:04:00 PM »
Well I could only make it through 7 minutes of his BS.  Sounds like he is a jealous left wing young person who thinks all us "old people" have screwed everything up and we do not understand anything!!!!  I agree that magazines, newspapers, and cable TV are on the way out...hell who does not know that.  But thank God we have this DB.  He knows all and will fix everything!!! 

So all us "old people" hoard cars.....I think it is called collecting.  I appreciate all the major collectors who have shared their collections with the public through car museums!!!  It is his problem, and all his young friends, if they do not have time to get off their ass and go to a car museum!  Oh wait there is an entry fee to help keep the museum going!  That is the problem!!  They do not want to pay that.  The government or us "old people" should pay that for them!! This guy is mad because someone will not give him a car!  Get a job, work hard, do not job jump every two years and maybe you will be able to buy yourself a few nice cars!!!!

GT350DAVE

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 02:54:10 PM »
This guy has a really high opinion of himself. I don't share that same opinion. What a dud.
Support the SAAC Registry

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
That’s like 3 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.
Some people like to watch themselves talk sh!t?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 06:37:24 PM »
I bet he road races a stock Miata.
And goes to Starbucks in his Toyota Yaris.
Wearing his J Crew sweater and Teva Sandles .
Getting a strawberry latte skinny machiatto.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 07:30:14 PM »
I just watched the Troll one....Thanks for nothing.
RARE  Signature Delete

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 12:45:47 AM »
Blathering liberal moron with absolutely no clue. Part of the spoiled entitled generation. P.S. This douche bag isn't wealthy because he is self-made.
Consider the source. Self-important with absolutely no contributions to society.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 07:02:03 AM »
dont know if everyone is aware that every time you click on his site, the sponsor sends him monetary compensation...

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 08:23:29 AM »

dont know if everyone is aware that every time you click on his site, the sponsor sends him monetary compensation...
;D ;D. Exactly and that is why I didn't do it.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 08:46:44 AM »
+ 1

;D ;D. Exactly and that is why I didn't do it.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 10:33:55 AM »
Blathering liberal moron with absolutely no clue. Part of the spoiled entitled generation. P.S. This douche bag isn't wealthy because he is self-made.
Consider the source. Self-important with absolutely no contributions to society.

+1

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2019, 11:19:07 AM »
 I would like to hear some of your opinions on his pompus allegations instead of just saying he's a looney.

Why are collectors divesting now ? ( more so than in the past)
       Why are automotive museums closing?
       Why would a millenial want an old antique car when he ( or she) is fixated on their phone or tablet while their parents drive them around?
       Why ( if they had the money) would they spend $200K on and old car when $100K gets you 700+hp , A/C , P/S , P/B, 25MPG , a warranty and financing?

I agree this guy is a whack but some of the concerns are valid ( to me anyway).  There is no guarantee our cars will be in high demand and short supply to those not around "in the day" like many of us were. "My" plan is to hang onto mine for 13 more years and sell then. It would be nice to know the bottom isn't going to fall out because of lack of demand in the future. How many current 20-50 year olds want a stock Model T? They used to bring good money ( respectively) too.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.