News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65's on Hemmings

Started by Dkutz, February 20, 2018, 03:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KR Convertible

The 4th one on the list is a carryover.  #209

Shelby_r_b

The last listing is an interesting combo.  I mentioned in a another thread that Legendary Motorcars had purchased the 2015 Shelby GT350 50th Anniversary car when the market for these cars was hot.  That market has since cooled dramatically, and they haven't been able to sell it so far.  So, I'm guessing that they are trying to get creative by combining it with the 65 Shelby.

We'll see.  8)
Nothing beats a classic!

Dkutz

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on February 20, 2018, 03:38:26 PM
The last listing is an interesting combo.  I mentioned in a another thread that Legendary Motorcars had purchased the 2015 Shelby GT350 50th Anniversary car when the market for these cars was hot.  That market has since cooled dramatically, and they haven't been able to sell it so far.  So, I'm guessing that they are trying to get creative by combining it with the 65 Shelby.

We'll see.  8)

Ooops thought I took that one off.

Dkutz

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on February 20, 2018, 03:38:26 PM

We'll see.  8)

they have been trying to sell the 65 for a while too.  I think the last time I posted it, it was mentioned that the restoration is not all that it could be.

SFM6S087

Quote from: KR Convertible on February 20, 2018, 03:26:09 PM
The 4th one on the list is a carryover.  #209

+1 - The 4th one on the list is carryover #209. And that listing at Forristall's is no longer valid. The car was sold last year.

Steve

sfm5

There are a couple more '65's:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/shelby/gt350/2061440.html

VIN #: SFM5S451
Transmission: Manual
Condition: Mint
Exterior: White w/ Blue
Interior: Black

Seller's Description: 
"Carroll Shelby School of High Performance Driving" – Only 1 of 3 Produced! This is one of three cars used at the Carroll Shelby School of High Performance Driving (Now the Bob Bondurant School, one of the most successful racing schools in the world) All 3 cars use at the school were modified by Shelby American and later driven by some of the most famous drivers in the world. Only one of the other two cars is currently accounted for, and is on display at the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. Completely restored to concours condition, and ready for museum display. For your Shelby collection, this is a "must have."
•Mileage: 1,880
•4 Speed Transmission
•Exterior: White w/ Blue
•Interior: Black
65 GT350

sfm5

These guys claim to have 3 '65s for sale according to their website.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/shelby/gt350/1797797.html

Stock #: 1
Mileage: 96000
Exterior: white
Interior: black

Seller's Description: 
1965 Shelby GT350 ALL ORIGINAL DRIVETRAIN AND INTERIOR .

Very Rare 1965 GT-350 Most sought after Shelby year .This car is a must have for any car collector or investor. This car has never been in any accidents , it comes with a lot of paperwork and documentation. It still has its complete original interior with the factory tach, steering wheel and dash console. Has its original numbers matching drivetrain and has been tastefully restored . Don't wait too long this will be a million dollar car one day soon these cars (1965) are blue chip investments and are climbing in value fast .

Visit our web site to see all our cars for sale at www.jiffycarsales.com

Price: $529,995
65 GT350

terlingua11

If I won the Lotto 039 would be in my garage. Super cool car. I saw it a few times while it was in Jim's shop. You know it's done right and the stripe delete really looks nice! The only thing cooler would be it sitting on steel wheels... which could always be added  ;) ....
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Bigfoot

I think it's worth noting that about 1/2 the cars came with no stripes.
And many without Cragars.

Just info many should know if thinking about a 65.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Shelby_r_b

I might be the odd man out, but I love a 65 without stripes and with steel wheels.

Simplified perfection!
Nothing beats a classic!

Dkutz

Quote from: terlingua11 on February 21, 2018, 09:46:03 AM
If I won the Lotto 039 would be in my garage. Super cool car. I saw it a few times while it was in Jim's shop. You know it's done right and the stripe delete really looks nice! The only thing cooler would be it sitting on steel wheels... which could always be added  ;) ....

is 039 in california?  think I saw it at the Shelby Birthday show.

Vernon Estes

Quote from: sfm5 on February 21, 2018, 08:57:00 AM

Seller's Description: 

Very Rare 1965 GT-350 Most sought after Shelby year .This car is a must have for any car collector or investor. This car has never been in any accidents , it comes with a lot of paperwork and documentation. It still has its complete original interior with the factory tach, steering wheel and dash console. Has its original numbers matching drivetrain and has been tastefully restored . Don't wait too long this will be a million dollar car one day soon these cars (1965) are blue chip investments and are climbing in value fast .

5S433 there was a long forum thread about this car and another 65 which was owned by the same gentleman. They were for sale as a pair. Guess that thread is long gone though now.

Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Vernon Estes on February 21, 2018, 02:22:27 PM

Seller's Description: 

5S433 there was a long forum thread about this car and another 65 which was owned by the same gentleman. They were sold as a pair to the next owner. Guess that thread is long gone though now.

Vern
Vern is being very diplomatic but I don't think considering the two in question that a additional suggestion would be out of line that the history of the pair be thoroughly checked out so a potential buyer knows what they are getting . ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Dkutz

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 21, 2018, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: Vernon Estes on February 21, 2018, 02:22:27 PM

Seller's Description: 

5S433 there was a long forum thread about this car and another 65 which was owned by the same gentleman. They were sold as a pair to the next owner. Guess that thread is long gone though now.

Vern
Vern is being very diplomatic but I don't think considering the two in question that a additional suggestion would be out of line that the history of the pair be thoroughly checked out so a potential buyer knows what they are getting . ;)

But their website says "Matching number"  and it has a authentic Shelby signature.  You are't saying they would make false claims are you? :o ::) 8)