News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65's on Hemmings

Started by Dkutz, February 20, 2018, 03:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernon Estes

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 21, 2018, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: Vernon Estes on February 21, 2018, 02:22:27 PM
Quote from: sfm5 on February 21, 2018, 08:57:00 AM
These guys claim to have 3 '65s for sale according to their website.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/shelby/gt350/1797797.html

Stock #: 1
Mileage: 96000
Transmission: Manual
Condition: Mint
Exterior: white
Interior: black

Seller's Description: 
1965 Shelby GT350 ALL ORIGINAL DRIVETRAIN AND INTERIOR .

Very Rare 1965 GT-350 Most sought after Shelby year .This car is a must have for any car collector or investor. This car has never been in any accidents , it comes with a lot of paperwork and documentation. It still has its complete original interior with the factory tach, steering wheel and dash console. Has its original numbers matching drivetrain and has been tastefully restored . Don't wait too long this will be a million dollar car one day soon these cars (1965) are blue chip investments and are climbing in value fast .

Visit our web site to see all our cars for sale at www.jiffycarsales.com

Price: $529,995

5S433 there was a long forum thread about this car and another 65 which was owned by the same gentleman. They were sold as a pair to the next owner. Guess that thread is long gone though now.

Vern
Vern is being very diplomatic but I don't think considering the two in question that a additional suggestion would be out of line that the history of the pair be thoroughly checked out so a potential buyer knows what they are getting . ;)

I have no idea what you are talking about  ::)

...ok ok, the other car it was offered with (from the same owner as a package) was 5S333. They could have been bought together for around the price that a 65 GT350 generally sells for.

Kind regards,
Vern

PS-i went back and edited my last post because i mispoke. They cars were not sold to their next owner together, they were just offered for sale as a pair before (I guess) selling to two separate owners. 333 seems to have gone to the next owner in Colorado before being listed again for sale last year..while 433 went to Canada to the current dealer where it has been since.
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Bigfoot

I'm not aware of anyone here that examined these cars. That said ,..unless I'm mistaken the info here or on a previous thread or threads would be based on Registry info or conversations with Howard and/or previous owner who has these cars for years.

"Take-away,".......Everyone needs a Registry
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Vernon Estes

Quote from: Bigfoot on February 21, 2018, 06:41:21 PM
I'm not aware of anyone here that examined these cars. That said ,..unless I'm mistaken the info here or on a previous thread or threads would be based on Registry info or conversations with Howard and/or previous owner who has these cars for years.

That is correct, I did not inspect the two cars in person because a registrar did and he was my reference on the facts pertaining to the cars.

I agree- everyone should have a registry and everyone should always consult with the appropriate registrar when considering the purchase of one of these cars. But, no matter how many times you and I say that, some people will still choose not to buy a registry and the vast majority of buyers won't contact the appropriate registrar.

Which I think is insane...but it's the norm any more. Especially when talking about 65 Shelbys...I couldn't imagine ever buying one without checking with Howard first.

And, worth noting, it is always best to give the registrars any info you might have on a given car. They do an incredible job and you are much more likely to receive more if you show these guys that you are also willing to contribute your thoughts and observations (as in: be a "team player") instead of merely taking info all the time.

Kind regards,
Vern

Dkutz

Quote from: Vernon Estes on February 22, 2018, 03:00:21 PM
Quote from: Bigfoot on February 21, 2018, 06:41:21 PM

That is correct, I did not inspect the two cars in person because a registrar did and he was my reference on the facts pertaining to the cars.

I agree- everyone should have a registry and everyone should always consult with the appropriate registrar when considering the purchase of one of these cars. But, no matter how many times you and I say that, some people will still choose not to buy a registry and the vast majority of buyers won't contact the appropriate registrar.

Which I think is insane...but it's the norm any more. Especially when talking about 65 Shelbys...I couldn't imagine ever buying one without checking with Howard first.

And, worth noting, it is always best to give the registrars any info you might have on a given car. They do an incredible job and you are much more likely to receive more if you show these guys that you are also willing to contribute your thoughts and observations (as in: be a "team player") instead of merely taking info all the time.

Kind regards,
Vern

When I win the lottery I am calling Vern.

Bigfoot

Oh
I forgot to mention.

I physically examined the cars.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Vernon Estes

Quote from: Bigfoot on February 22, 2018, 05:05:09 PM
Oh
I forgot to mention.

I physically examined the cars.

GASP

Only 15% of buyers (give or take) come to see cars when they buy them...

Something which has always amazed me

You're a smart egg, Mr. Bigs.....

chris NOS

i am in the 15% came 3 times from Europe to USA to inspect 65's to buy one , hey you need to explain to your wife why you are not going on holiday with her and jumping alone in planes to USA !!!
i m confessing i have a good wife!!!  ;)

sfm5

When bought my '65, I contacted Howard first to verify the car & listed owner were both legit. My buddy and I then drove 14 hours straight just to look at the car, meet the owner, and take it for a test drive, etc., and drove back home the next day. That was before the big increase in valuations.
65 GT350

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

sfm5

Summer of 2010, just after the economy fell off a cliff and the car values dipped for a short while.
65 GT350

chris NOS

Vernon Estes

Quote from: chris NOS on February 04, 2021, 06:44:47 AM
5R212 is on hemmings now , no asking price ...offered by MANGO MOTORS

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/shelby/unspecified/2061442.html

That car has actually been on hemmings for many years. Asking around 1m