Author Topic: Owner of 6S2376 Yellow convertible  (Read 7102 times)

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
Re: Owner of 6S2376 Yellow convertible
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2019, 01:28:12 PM »
Nothing to keep someone from taking one of the continuation cars to an extreme level of excellence.

Depends on you point of view. If someone were to enter one in concours I would expect it to look as shoddy as the day it was recreated. JMHO
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 01:32:17 PM by Chris Thauberger »
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 01:57:15 PM »
Nothing to keep someone from taking one of the continuation cars to an extreme level of excellence.

Depends on you point of view. If someone were to enter one in concours I would expect it to look as shoddy as the day it was recreated. JMHO

I would think nobody would enter one of the continuations in concours, but if they did, shoddy would be the goal I guess.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 05:10:39 PM »
I would think nobody would enter one of the continuations in concours, but if they did, shoddy would be the goal I guess.

At least one in recent years was built and entered if I recall correctly. Was done to more closely match what one of the four would have looked like.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »

At least one in recent years was built and entered if I recall correctly. Was done to more closely match what one of the four would have looked like.
+1 . It was very nicely done. It is heads and shoulders above the level of quality of the ones done by Beverly Hills Mustangs.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2019, 08:23:04 PM »

+1 . It was very nicely done. It is heads and shoulders above the level of quality of the ones done by Beverly Hills Mustangs.

http://www.vernonestesclassics.com/#/1966-gt350-convertible/   

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2019, 08:24:55 PM »
looks fantastic

http://www.vernonestesclassics.com/#/1966-gt350-convertible/
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2019, 08:58:52 PM »
I do not have a new registry,
Wasn't one of the original 4 cars in Oregon at one time?

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2019, 09:07:32 PM »
I do not have a new registry,
Wasn't one of the original 4 cars in Oregon at one time?
Maybe Washington state? ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2019, 09:33:44 PM »
Not to open a bad can of worms, but how would the twelve continuation models be concours judged dependent as to how they left the "factory" (Beverly Hills Mustang).  If they have been converted to standards of how they should have been constructed similar to the original Shelby American four, would that no longer be a factory correct concours Shelby?  Only those who were around or originally owned the conituation units would have any standard of originality.  Just a thought for discussion. 8)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2019, 11:13:40 PM »
Not to open a bad can of worms, but how would the twelve continuation models be concours judged dependent as to how they left the "factory" (Beverly Hills Mustang).  If they have been converted to standards of how they should have been constructed similar to the original Shelby American four, would that no longer be a factory correct concours Shelby?  Only those who were around or originally owned the continuation units would have any standard of originality.  Just a thought for discussion. 8)
So your pot stirring arm doesn't get tired . Just kidding.  ;D  At the time without having a yardstick to go by and with so many possible variables that a typical Beverly Hills continuation car had when it was built ,it would be hard to judge a 80's continuation car accurately . In this particular case the decision was made to judge the car like any other 66 GT350 convert would be judged given that the car in question was built to typical vintage 66 standards.