Author Topic: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?  (Read 24940 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2021, 03:58:33 PM »
We don't think so, I know of a few of the late model South Florida tuners, techs and parts purveyors and parts producers that do come in and look into the SAAC site. They not only enjoy the late models Stangs, Vettes,  forgein cars but also the early Shelby cars.

They wonder why we have a section with late models Shelbys but when anything gets posted most of the time the reply is  go to that "other site" site

That would have to be a question for the 20 somethings of today. There are not too many on this site, the old DOGS dont have much interest in the new stuff. More OLD guys like VETTES anyways , you see them at every car show... Good on them.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2022, 08:03:41 PM »
I kinda sorta agree just like the 65-67 program taking mustang K cars and transforming them into Shelbys

Not to be a stickler but the 06 Shelby GT was nothing but a Mustang GT with $2000 worth of Motorsport parts added. Many magazines panned it and the suckers who paid $10,000 above the price of a GT. The 07 GT500 was a 100% SVT project the CS was brought in at the last minute to use as a marketing face. The hot rod GT500s (and any GT350s) that CS sold were just mods done to Ford built cars. Any Mustang based car CS has done in the last 10-12 years are modified post title due to emissions laws and are basically just tuner cars.
The VINs all come back to Ford. Yes they get a SA # but that is a production number not a VIN

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2022, 08:04:43 PM »
A new revised list as of today in no particular order:

GT350 program 2011-2014 Shelby cars.
2009 Don the Snake Prudomme GT500KR
2006 GTHs
2007 GTHs
2016 GTHs
2008 2009 KRs
All Super Snakes

all true bonafide S H E L B Ys

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2022, 09:38:30 AM »
 Ford cannot  provide parts for the new cars they want to build/  they sure are not going out of their way to keep old cars on road .

#1 the electronics will prevent them from being repairable.
#2 the electronics even if nos on a shelf will still be questionable . they will still be old even if not being used .
#3 One bad module will / can take out the entire network and car will not start

these are not going to be cars that you go to napa and fix .   
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2022, 12:36:10 PM »
Two things I worried about :

1) When electronic ignition came out, would the ignition points in our cars be obsolete  ?

2) When the end of year 1999 all electronics and especially computers would stop and civilization as we know would cease to function.

Neither happened,  oh well

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.... so what's your pick as the most highly collectible late model CSM Shelby ?

Ford cannot  provide parts for the new cars they want to build/  they sure are not going out of their way to keep old cars on road .

#1 the electronics will prevent them from being repairable.
#2 the electronics even if nos on a shelf will still be questionable . they will still be old even if not being used .
#3 One bad module will / can take out the entire network and car will not start

these are not going to be cars that you go to napa and fix .
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:38:58 PM by FL SAAC »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

1 Alibi 2

• If not today, WHEN ??????
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2022, 09:53:17 AM »
Interesting thread, several comments on " how many were made ", as if that makes it worth more money !
How many were made only makes it rare, & doesn't add to it's value.
2 examples:

2014 Shelby GT500 - Marti report states it's " 1 of 1 ".

2017 F150 Lariat - Marti report states it's " 1 of 1 ".

On a side note, - The Prudhomme editions are streetable,............this one is CSM 07DP0002, Bob the owner lives in Pa.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 09:55:41 AM by 1 Alibi 2 »
" Chance favors the prepared mind "
2014 GT500, de-tuned to 780rwhp

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2022, 08:57:49 AM »
Very nice

Interesting thread, several comments on " how many were made ", as if that makes it worth more money !
How many were made only makes it rare, & doesn't add to it's value.
2 examples:

2014 Shelby GT500 - Marti report states it's " 1 of 1 ".

2017 F150 Lariat - Marti report states it's " 1 of 1 ".

On a side note, - The Prudhomme editions are streetable,............this one is CSM 07DP0002, Bob the owner lives in Pa.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy