Author Topic: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?  (Read 24951 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?
« on: October 03, 2019, 10:22:30 AM »
What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?

With so many SVT GT350s, GT350Rs, GT500s, Super Snakes and other specialty Shelby automobiles I believe the 2006, 2007 and 2016 Shelby Hertz are the chosen ones.

Why ?

In 2006 the Shelby GTH became the first true new Shelby made. Unlike its more powerful brother made by Ford SVT in 2007 the GT500 made at the Ford plant.

These GTHs were post title conversions very similar to the way the original Shelbys made in the 1960s. Like the 1960s Ford sent mustangs to Shelby American to be converted in this particular case to become GTHs.

With the start of this new Hertz Shelby program and the introduction of the new SVT GT500, this sparked a renewed interest in S H E L B Ys.  The GTH program kicked off the KR, GT350, GTS and Super Snake programs.

Production for the 2006, 2007, 2016 GTHs was 500 for both 2006, 2007 and 172 for 2016. It was the first time that any Ford product shared it's regular V.I.N with  a C.S.M. tag since the late 1960s / 1970.

These unique Shelbys have a total of 50 years of heritage and history.  Ford Motor Company, Shelby American and Hertz teamed up to introduce the 1966 Shelby GT350H  kicking off what was known then as the Hertz “Rent-A-Racer” program.

To celebrate the famed Shelby GT350H “Rent-A-Racer,” the three iconic brands partnered again to create a special run of performance-modified 2006, 2007 and 2016 Shelby GTH vehicles.

Reminiscent of the original, the GTH featured the same black and gold paint scheme that made the GT350H so striking. Other unique features included a special hood , an aluminum grille and Shelby GTH & Hertz badging.

All recieved Ford Racing suspensions, performance exhaust,  Ford Racing power pack with cold air intake, special ecm programming and C.S.M.s on the dash pad and in the engine compartment.

Production for the 2006 or the 40th year anniversary was 500 hardtops.

Production for the 2007 was 500 convertibles.

Production for the 2016 or the 50th year anniversary was 172.

Your thoughts ?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 04:16:39 PM by FL SAAC TONY »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
Re: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:05:24 AM »
Tony- Its my belief that you own one of the last iterations of the internal combustion driven vehicles. The millennials and gen xrs don't want to drive or work on cars. They are merely a tool to get them from point A to point B Sadly in the next 20-50 years they will go by the way side like the pinto and vegas from years gone by.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:08:13 PM »
None of the new ones will be "collectable". They have made far too many of them. Rarity is what makes things collectable. It was estimated there are well over 100,000+ of late model Shelby cars by Ford & CS. As with all cars there will be fans of certain models and they will prefer to purchase and drive one of those. But as far as bringing big prices above any other used Mustang don't hold your breath.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 12:16:05 PM »
Tony- Its my belief that you own one of the last iterations of the internal combustion driven vehicles. The millennials and gen xrs don't want to drive or work on cars. They are merely a tool to get them from point A to point B Sadly in the next 20-50 years they will go by the way side like the pinto and vegas from years gone by.

When we get our Carbon Taxes and a gallon of gas is $20+, you won't see much value in any ICE cars.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 12:42:11 PM »
You need to wait 30 years to find out. Future events will have something to do with it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »
agreed

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 01:12:28 PM »
beg to differ and not basing it that my is 1 of 1 because it had no cigarette lighter

do agree that they have made a bundle of the SVT cars that are like belly buttons,  everyone has one

but of the late model CSM cars the GTHs will hold thier own with a trial if 500 06, 500 07 and 172 16s

not to mention a lineage that traces to 1966 , the mystique, history and heritage that the GTH has with Ford, Shelby, Hertz 50 years, just cant make that up.

let see what the future brings and we are of the opinion when the time comes to sell, the mileage (drive em) wont make a difference if the car is well maintained but the other factors will

None of the new ones will be "collectable". They have made far too many of them. Rarity is what makes things collectable. It was estimated there are well over 100,000+ of late model Shelby cars by Ford & CS. As with all cars there will be fans of certain models and they will prefer to purchase and drive one of those. But as far as bringing big prices above any other used Mustang don't hold your breath.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 01:17:57 PM »
agreed for us the common folks, but some people that are very well off it will be their trophy on the wall

special thanks to captain david cherniak for taking the photo

When we get our Carbon Taxes and a gallon of gas is $20+, you won't see much value in any ICE cars.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 02:51:25 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 01:18:52 PM »
yesah, you are correct

You need to wait 30 years to find out. Future events will have something to do with it.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 01:41:46 PM »
The 2015 GT350 because they only made 34 cars
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 02:35:03 PM »
The only future is the Shelby GT-UE/A, the Shelby Uber Electric Autonomous.  Put it in a movie and video game and auction houses will love it and sustain its value. It will come with green stripes, of course.  8)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 02:50:42 PM »
great response we had forgotten about those 34 2015 mustangs

but unfortunately they do not qualify as they are SVT cars

thanks for playing ...

The 2015 GT350 because they only made 34 cars

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Hertz74

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 03:08:05 PM »
I like the 2009 500KR,  silver and blue stripes.  That's the one I would buy.   Now I am just stuck with a 66 Hertz that I bought in 1974.    30 footer,  and I do drive it as much as possible

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 03:47:04 PM »
let's continue with our discussion;

The '06 converted GT-H is the one that started it all again - and look where it's come to today.  And those were the only SHELBY's in 2006. Everything else followed starting in '07 with the Shelby GT.  And of course, SVT followed with a lot of SHELBY GT500s out there that are not converted by Shelby American.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 04:19:23 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 03:55:38 PM »

I totally disagree!!!  I agree most millennials just want to have a good time and not own anything.  But one day they are going to have to grow up or the generation behind them will take all their jobs.  BTW go to some cars and coffees.  There are a ton of 40 and under kids.  They love cars!!!!