News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?

Started by FL SAAC, October 03, 2019, 10:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Nice choice, tell me more. Convince me.

I once had a friend with a six cylinder, pink Gremlin.

It was one of one, unfortunately that was all it was one of one...

Quote from: 683760 on October 05, 2019, 02:03:54 PM
2008 Shelby GTC.  Only 215
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

GT350AUS

I don't believe any will go up in value as a collectible as opposed to the 65-70 Shelbys we born in an era where their pedigree was created on the track on circuit racing and drag strip during the horsepower wars.

This pedigree makes them "Hero Cars"

FL SAAC

Thank you for expressing your thoughts.

But so far a few people have also expressed the KRs, the Shelby 1000 and of course our favourite the GTHs. In our opinion these cars have nothing to envy the vintage cars, share the same pedigree, they made less than the early cars, will out handle and out run any vintage auto.  Just our three cents worth.
So we guess you dont have a vote for the new generation. Again thanks for chiming in.

Quote from: GT350AUS on October 06, 2019, 11:43:20 PM
I don't believe any will go up in value as a collectible as opposed to the 65-70 Shelbys we born in an era where their pedigree was created on the track on circuit racing and drag strip during the horsepower wars.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

37 is the correct number, it is supposed to match the # of 65 Rs, but they couldn't be bothered with getting the # right.

Mike

Bigfoot

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on October 06, 2019, 12:07:31 PM

I'd be "down" with seeing the pink gremlin.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

Probably the GT350 R models will be but I've been watching those (and convertibles) and the depreciation is horrendous. Considering many dealers want 10 over list, that really adds to the issue.

Why buy one of them, watch them drop 25 thousand in a year or so and see it just sitting there? It's going to be a long time before they become worthwhile collectables.

A prediction a few years ago is that all "new" Shelbys would bottom at around 20 to 25 and stay there for decades. That's as good a prediction as any I'd say.

Since they really are intended as drivers that isn't really out of concept anyway. Pushing new models up over 100 is ridiculous and just is there for the factory to support new car dealers. It's a fantasy that can't be artificially created.

It reminds me of the Buick and Pontiac TA turbo cars in the '70s being purchased as investments and now selling at 25 cents on the dollar with no mileage and the plastic still on the seats. A very similar scenario.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: 427heaven on October 03, 2019, 11:05:24 AM
Tony- Its my belief that you own one of the last iterations of the internal combustion driven vehicles. The millennials and gen xrs don't want to drive or work on cars. They are merely a tool to get them from point A to point B Sadly in the next 20-50 years they will go by the way side like the pinto and vegas from years gone by.

+1
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 03, 2019, 12:08:13 PM
None of the new ones will be "collectable". They have made far too many of them. Rarity is what makes things collectable. It was estimated there are well over 100,000+ of late model Shelby cars by Ford & CS. As with all cars there will be fans of certain models and they will prefer to purchase and drive one of those. But as far as bringing big prices above any other used Mustang don't hold your breath.

+1

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Bigfoot on October 04, 2019, 06:14:15 PM
With all due respect for people who love these new cars I think it's a very flat slope going forward. There is not one new Mustang Shelby type car I think will rise in value.
Particularly if you adjust for inflation or opportunity cost.

Opportunity cost is a true economic variable but I guess it can be overlooked in the enthusiast community but NOT under the circumstances of a thread like this.

Sorry.

+1

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: GT350AUS on October 06, 2019, 11:43:20 PM

+1

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Bigfoot on October 07, 2019, 09:20:09 AM

LOL

+1

sfm5

Quote from: Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC on October 07, 2019, 08:08:37 AM
37 is the correct number, it is supposed to match the # of 65 Rs, but they couldn't be bothered with getting the # right.

Mike

That error has always pulled my hair.
65 GT350

FL SAAC

This statement is so incorrect, especially when its speaking to a true bonafided Shelby American vehicle. Please educate yourself,  these are the first Shelby, Ford to carry a true Shelby American CSM manufacturing plate since 1967

Heck and we have a lot of people with old 1968-1970 SVT and new SVT 2007 and up vehicles , that's OK with me that they are SVTs or what ever they called them back in the day...

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on October 03, 2019, 05:04:11 PM
None of them will be collectable. They never were collectable. Some people just wanted to believe they would be.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bigfoot on October 07, 2019, 09:20:09 AM

Love that pink

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Not talking about todays SVT vehicles, only the ones Shelby American touched and converted just like the 1965, 1966 and 1967 with C.S.M.s

Unlike when the Ford Motor Company made the 1968, 1969 and 1970 Mustangs into Shelbys

Betcha didn't know that SVT really started in 1968....lmao !

Back to the topic at hand what will be the most collectable new age Shelby with a C.S.M. ?

Those C.S.M. plate do add value and indisputable pedigree.

We got the KRs, the Shelby 1000 and the GTH Shelbys nominated. They qualify as the only Shelby vehicles since 1967 to come with a C.S.M. number.

Making them non SVT but true Shelby American vehicles, the first since 1967...love it

Quote from: Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC on October 07, 2019, 08:08:37 AM

Mike

I have all UNGOLD cars