Author Topic: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?  (Read 24939 times)

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
Re: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2019, 12:12:41 PM »
Most here know I'm in love with the Hertz cars.  Check out my handle, for cryin' out loud!  I also own a 2006 GT-H.  I agree these should be ones to look for in the future.  Having said that...

I think the 08-09 GT500KR cars deserve a seat at the table.  These were genuine pre-title Shelby Mustangs sold through Ford dealerships as completed Shelby cars complete with Ford warranty.  Just like they did in the 60s and just like they did with the 07-08 SGT.  Unlike the SGT, the KR has more unique parts and lower production volume. 

As much as I love the GT-H cars they aren't quite in the same category as the GT500KR, simply because they should likely be considered post-title Shelby conversion cars.  However, their historical significance (GT-H) is unmatched with putting Shelby Mustangs back on the map in 2006 and of course the nod back to 1966 when the Shelby GT350H catapulted the Shelby Mustang into the mainstream. 

The problem with both of these vehicles (and all the so-called future collectibles) is that there are far too many that all look the same; each with low miles because they haven't been enjoyed properly.  I find it humorous how many GT-H cars have been stored away with only their rental use miles...all in the interest of preserving the value.  I drive mine!  Why should the renters get all the fun (:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:54:24 PM by ITHERTZ »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2019, 02:43:57 PM »
Most here know I'm in love with the Hertz cars.  Check out my handle, for cryin' out loud!  I also own a 2006 GT-H.  I agree these should be ones to look for in the future.  Having said that...

We also agree with you

I think the 08-09 GT500KR cars deserve a seat at the table.  These were genuine pre-title Shelby Mustangs sold through Ford dealerships as completed Shelby cars complete with Ford warranty.  Just like they did in the 60s and just like they did with the 07-08 SGT.  Unlike the SGT, the KR has more unique parts and lower production volume. 

We also agree with you. But on the production numbers the 08, 09 KRs had more produced 1,571 versus the three year run 06, 07, 16 of GTHs 1,172. The SGT is a non contender for the moment[/color]

As much as I love the GT-H cars they aren't quite in the same category as the GT500KR, simply because they should likely be considered post-title Shelby conversion cars.  However, their historical significance (GT-H) is unmatched with putting Shelby Mustangs back on the map in 2006 and of course the nod back to 1966 when the Shelby GT350H catapulted the Shelby Mustang into the mainstream. 

Agreed but the GTHs have the unique mystique of having Ford, Shelby and Hertz collaboration that no other Shelby has. Rent a Racer

The problem with both of these vehicles (and all the so-called future collectibles) is that there are far too many that all look the same; each with low miles because they haven't been enjoyed properly.  I find it humorous how many GT-H cars have been stored away with only their rental use miles...all in the interest of preserving the value.  I drive mine!  Why should the renters get all the fun (:

Not really a terrible problem,  look at all the 65 and 66s white with blue stripes.  I find them all very pleasing to the eye. As far as driving them well you should know my preference.

Again all we are looking for is what new age "Shelby" maybe collectable in the future. That is the question.Currently we have the GTHs, the KRs and the Shelby 1000s as picks, all are very formidable choices.

To say these Shelbys are worthless and will not be worth anything in my honest opinion is preposterous

Troy thank you for your input

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 07:33:29 AM by FL SAAC TONY »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2019, 02:45:35 PM »
I will have to say the "Don the Snake Prudomme GT 500"

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2019, 03:56:16 PM »
And a another contention that frequently brings debate, politely, I hope, is whether collectable status is affected as to a Ford factory licensed Shelby Mustang or a Shelby American (Las Vegas) factory modified Mustang with a Shelby name.  Obviously, Ford factories can produce tens of thaousands of Shelby named Mustangs like the 2007-2014 GT500 series and the current 2015-now GT350/350R series.  The LV shop makes vaious models only in the hundreds.  But then the original prices are far different as well betwen Ford assemly line versus SA hand rebuild vehicles (post title Mustangs).   8)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2019, 05:39:55 PM »
Truly not familiar with this model. Would you please elaborate as to why it would be a contender?

I will have to say the "Don the Snake Prudomme GT 500"

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2019, 07:23:22 PM »

Unlike when the Ford Motor Company made the 1968, 1969 and 1970 Mustangs into Shelbys with no CSM s

Betcha didn't know that SVT really started in 1968....lmao !

What does the window sticker on a 68-70 Shelby say?

vs

What does the window sticker on a late model Shelby say?

Just saying  ;)

Bill

PS: Since when was CSM ever a thing in the 60's or early 70's ?  ::)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2019, 07:30:56 PM »
Hi Bill,

Usually options, prices , selling dealer, destination....charges, etc.

Nice hearing from you, hope all is well.

Unlike when the Ford Motor Company made the 1968, 1969 and 1970 Mustangs into Shelbys with no CSM s

vs

Just saying  ;)

Bill

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 07:34:27 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2019, 09:29:04 PM »
Hi Bill,

Ah yes, along with the manufacturer of record  8)

In this case, we will start with a factory invoice for a 69 GT500

Followed by the factory invoice for the basis of a 2006 Hertz GT-H (wait, does it say Shelby on it) with the manufacturer on record clearly spelled out

Followed by the parts invoice for the aftermarket conversion of the previously mentioned Mustang GT.

I see no manufacturers window sticker that spells Shelby in Vegas as the manufacturer of record, do you  :o

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:31:35 PM by Bill »

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »
But wait, there is more, how about the original MSO

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2019, 09:47:22 PM »

We also agree with you

We also agree with you. But on the production numbers the 08, 09 KRs had more produced 1,571 versus the three year run 06, 07, 16 of GTHs 1,172. The SGT is a non contender for the moment

Agreed but the GTHs have the unique mystique of having Ford, Shelby and Hertz collaboration that no other Shelby has. Rent a Racer.

Not really a terrible problem,  look at all the 65 and 66s white with blue stripes.  I find them all very pleasing to the eye. As far as driving them well you should know my preference.

Again all we are looking for is what new age "Shelby" maybe collectable in the future. That is the question.Currently we have the GTHs, the KRs and the Shelby 1000s as picks, all are very formidable choices.

To say these Shelbys are worthless and will not be worth anything in my honest opinion is preposterous

Tony, I like reading some of your posts but you have to stop using that yellow font.  I literally can't read your responses with the color your using.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2019, 09:48:31 PM »

[/quote]
Tony, I like reading some of your posts but you have to stop using that yellow font.  I literally can't read your responses with the color your using.

QSS
[/quote]

+1 8)

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2019, 10:07:08 PM »

BARFFFF

vs

Just saying  ;)

Bill

This is going to be fun... ::)

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2019, 06:29:16 AM »
Thank you for the contributing documents.

Everyone knows that one was built at a Shelby facility and the others where not built at a Shelby facility.

Hi Bill,

Ah yes, along with the manufacturer of record  8)

In this case, we will start with a factory invoice for a 69 GT500

Followed by the factory invoice for the basis of a 2006 Hertz GT-H (wait, does it say Shelby on it) with the manufacturer on record clearly spelled out

Followed by the parts invoice for the aftermarket conversion of the previously mentioned Mustang GT.

I see no manufacturers window sticker that spells Shelby in Vegas as the manufacturer of record, do you  :o
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 07:47:06 AM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2019, 06:30:30 AM »
QSS acknowledged

We also agree with you

We also agree with you. But on the production numbers the 08, 09 KRs had more produced 1,571 versus the three year run 06, 07, 16 of GTHs 1,172. The SGT is a non contender for the moment

Agreed but the GTHs have the unique mystique of having Ford, Shelby and Hertz collaboration that no other Shelby has. Rent a Racer.

QSS

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2019, 06:35:56 AM »
Beautiful copy, thanks for sharing

But wait, there is more, how about the original MSO

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy