Author Topic: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?  (Read 24952 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2019, 06:40:31 AM »
The distinction is that from 1965 to 1967 the real ones had been made in a Shelby authorized facility.

In 2006 the tradition came back as the production of the then new GTH was at a Shelby facility.

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2019, 07:35:09 AM »
Don will go with red

Tony, I like reading some of your posts but you have to stop using that yellow font.  I literally can't read your responses with the color your using.

QSS
[/quote]

+1 8)
[/quote]

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2019, 07:52:33 AM »
Truly not familiar with this model. Would you please elaborate as to why it would be a contender?

I will have to say the "Don the Snake Prudomme GT 500"

Because SAI only built 4 or 6 of them. 

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2019, 08:02:19 AM »
So this may be one of those that because a car is considered rare, it isn't necessarily desired by the collector

Like the KR, the Shelby 1000 or the GTHs that are desirable

quote author=tesgt350 link=topic=7621.msg64277#msg64277 date=1570535553]

Because SAI only built 4 or 6 of them.
[/quote]

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2019, 01:13:50 PM »
Hi Bill,

Usually options, prices , selling dealer, destination....charges, etc.

Ah yes, along with the manufacturer of record  8)

In this case, we will start with a factory invoice for a 69 GT500

Followed by the factory invoice for the basis of a 2006 Hertz GT-H (wait, does it say Shelby on it) with the manufacturer on record clearly spelled out

Followed by the parts invoice for the aftermarket conversion of the previously mentioned Mustang GT.

I see no manufacturers window sticker that spells Shelby in Vegas as the manufacturer of record, do you  :o

But wait, there is more, how about the original MSO

GREAT

Now we are making progress. Posting original unretouched Ford documents, Bill has clearly established that Ford is the manufacturer of record for the 2006 GTH. End of discussion.

After that is was taken to a garage somewhere in the desert ::) and some fancy parts were added. I could have done the same in my back yard, in fact... oh never mind it would just muddy the swamp.

At no time did the manufacturer of record change. Unless someone can produce a yet unseen document that shows a different manufacturer of record, I think we have our answer.

No more speculation.

No more saying it over and over as if it were true.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I'm glad we cleared that up.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Chris Thauberger

• View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »

Yes I think we have a winner.

Not only super low production numbers, but who wouldn't wan a Don 'The Snake' Prudomme GT500.

Definitely a candidate for the next big collector car.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2019, 01:35:04 PM »
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west no matter where you are....

These are the first Shelbys since ninteen sixty seven that actually traveled from the Ford Motor Company to Shelby American for their conversion.

These are the S H EL B Y GTHs .

Unless the vehicle took that S H E L B  Y - A M E R I C A N path, it is an SVT or what ever one wants to call them.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2019, 01:44:59 PM »

These are the first Shelbys since ninteen sixty seven that actually traveled from the Ford Motor Company to Shelby American for their conversion.

Unless the vehicle took that S H E L B  Y - A M E R I C A N path, it is an SVT or what ever one wants to call them.

I am beginning to think that you should have made THIS thread just about the GT-H because I, and many others would rather have the "Don the Snake Prudomme GT 500" over any GT-H.  I also believe that the "Don the Snake Prudomme GT 500" will always be more collectible and worth more $$$ than the GT-H.  The GT-H might be more "Collected" because there was a WHOLE LOT MORE produced but Value wise, it has to be the "Don the Snake Prudomme GT 500" over the GT-H and the GT, the 1000 and the KR. 

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2019, 01:59:00 PM »
the list stands as of today in no particular order:

2009 Don the Snake Prudomme GT500KR
2006 2007 GTHs
2016 GTHs
2008 2009 KRs
All Super Snakes

all true bonafide S H E L B Ys

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2019, 02:17:17 PM »
Is the Don 'The Snake' Prudomme GT500 street legal?  Rare, but does being street legal or not affect the collector value?  Just askin'. 8)

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2019, 02:19:20 PM »
Shelby has made a number of post-title conversion Shelbys.  Some started out as Ford Mustangs and some started out as Shelby GT500s.  I've already stated (Bill has shown documents) that the GT-H should be considered a post-title Shelby conversion.  The SGT and GT500KRs are the only pre-title Shelby cars out of LV that I'm aware of.  For this reason I think they are significant.  More collectible or more valuable is in the eye of the collector.  No large group/entity is going to to agree on what is "best".

A GT-H was quite simply this: A Ford Mustang GT ordered and purchased by Hertz, which was drop shipped to SAI where parts were removed and added to make it a Shelby GT-H.  They were always Hertz's cars from the start, so they were never sold as "Shelbys" except as a used car from Hertz calling it as such.  Any owner titling or registering these cars have a Ford Mustang GT on their title and registration.  That doesn't mean they are not considered Shelby cars by those who now own and love them. 

In 2007 and 08 Ford decided that the Hertz program was popular enough to do it themselves so they contracted with SAI to do the same thing Hertz did, but this time they sold them as NEW completed cars through FORD dealerships..  This is also the very same way the GT350 was built in 66.  I don't know how GT500KRs or SGTs are titled/registered.  I know my dad's original GT350H is titled as a 1966 Ford.  I know the late model SGTs and KRs have a Mustang window sticker with an addendum and SAI also supplied a second window sticker.  Confusing.  However, I don't think these details mean much to collectibility.  People will buy and collect what they like, generally. ;)

Chris Thauberger

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2019, 02:20:54 PM »

This just in from the Committee on Authenticate Documents:

"There has to date been no documents submitted or authenticated to support statements as to the validity of the 2006 GTH being recognized as a SHELBY manufactured vehicle. Until such documents are received and authenticated by the committee, the 2006 GTH manufacturer of record is Ford Motor Company"

WOW, who saw that coming?

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2019, 02:26:49 PM »
But all of those Shelby Las Vegas post title conversions are in the secret (to the public) factory Shelby Registry.  The SVT/Ford Performance Shelby licensed Mustangs are not.  But then, if you like what you driving a Shelby licensed vehicle or desire to own one, I do not think the Registry matters except to know where ii was built.  The collectible value is in the deisre to own one for whatever personal reason. 8)

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2019, 02:57:36 PM »
Is the Don 'The Snake' Prudomme GT500 street legal?  Rare, but does being street legal or not affect the collector value?  Just askin'. 8)

Don Prudhomme SuperSnake Resources
An 800 horsepower, street legal Shelby with a full tilt front end, five-point Impact safety harness, Borla side exhaust system and more!

The final build numbers for the 2007-09 Don Prudhomme SuperSnake edition are:

5 retail cars and 1 concept car for at total of six cars ever built.

Three of them were 2009 models, one was a 2008 model and two were 2007 models.

All were black in color coupes.

Each car ended up being a one of one car when the model year and options are factored in.

And out of the five retail cars only one was built with SAI supplying the base car. The other four retail cars used the customers existing GT500.

The Prudhomme Super Snake could end up being one of the rarest SAI built cars in recent years.

From the TS Forums.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »
understood and added to the list

Don Prudhomme SuperSnake Resources
An 800 horsepower, street legal Shelby with a full tilt front end, five-point Impact safety harness, Borla side exhaust system and more!

The final build numbers for the 2007-09 Don Prudhomme SuperSnake edition are:

5 retail cars and 1 concept car for at total of six cars ever built.

Three of them were 2009 models, one was a 2008 model and two were 2007 models.

All were black in color coupes.

Each car ended up being a one of one car when the model year and options are factored in.

And out of the five retail cars only one was built with SAI supplying the base car. The other four retail cars used the customers existing GT500.

The Prudhomme Super Snake could end up being one of the rarest SAI built cars in recent years.

From the TS Forums.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy