Author Topic: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?  (Read 24958 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: What will be the most collectable new age Shelby ?
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2019, 03:19:46 PM »
Don, agreed in the end it only matters to the owner

But all of those Shelby Las Vegas post title conversions are in the secret (to the public) factory Shelby Registry.  The SVT/Ford Performance Shelby licensed Mustangs are not.  But then, if you like what you driving a Shelby licensed vehicle or desire to own one, I do not think the Registry matters except to know where ii was built.  The collectible value is in the deisre to own one for whatever personal reason. 8)
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2019, 03:25:54 PM »
Troy, agreed take a look at some clips from the TS site

It's even called a gray title vehicle adding to the mystique

Shelby has made a number of post-title conversion Shelbys.  Some started out as Ford Mustangs and some started out as Shelby GT500s.  I've already stated (Bill has shown documents) that the GT-H should be considered a post-title Shelby conversion.  The SGT and GT500KRs are the only pre-title Shelby cars out of LV that I'm aware of.  For this reason I think they are significant.  More collectible or more valuable is in the eye of the collector.  No large group/entity is going to to agree on what is "best".

A GT-H was quite simply this: A Ford Mustang GT ordered and purchased by Hertz, which was drop shipped to SAI where parts were removed and added to make it a Shelby GT-H.  They were always Hertz's cars from the start, so they were never sold as "Shelbys" except as a used car from Hertz calling it as such.  Any owner titling or registering these cars have a Ford Mustang GT on their title and registration.  That doesn't mean they are not considered Shelby cars by those who now own and love them. 

In 2007 and 08 Ford decided that the Hertz program was popular enough to do it themselves so they contracted with SAI to do the same thing Hertz did, but this time they sold them as NEW completed cars through FORD dealerships..  This is also the very same way the GT350 was built in 66.  I don't know how GT500KRs or SGTs are titled/registered.  I know my dad's original GT350H is titled as a 1966 Ford.  I know the late model SGTs and KRs have a Mustang window sticker with an addendum and SAI also supplied a second window sticker.  Confusing.  However, I don't think these details mean much to collectibility.  People will buy and collect what they like, generally. ;)

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »
Work work work
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »

Tony, I like reading some of your posts but you have to stop using that yellow font.  I literally can't read your responses with the color your using.

QSS
[/quote]

+1 8)

Yes , dear lord , please stop using that unreadable crap :)

[/quote]

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2019, 07:43:11 PM »
Dully noted

Tony, I like reading some of your posts but you have to stop using that yellow font.  I literally can't read your responses with the color your using.

QSS

+1 8)

Yes , dear lord , please stop using that unreadable crap :)

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2019, 09:33:48 PM »

Truly an amazing transformation that Shelby American does making these the best handling and truly the fastest ever.

The list stands as of today in no particular order:

2009 Don the Snake Prudomme GT500KR
2006 2007 GTHs
2016 GTHs
2008 2009 KRs
Super Snakes

all true bonafide S H E L B Ys :)

regina

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

ford20

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2021, 11:13:49 PM »
Back from the dead .... please don't hurt me  ;D

I would add the GT350 program to this list, but not the SVT cars, the 2011-2014 Shelby GT350 cars.

It has Rarity, 159 cars built in 2011, 132 cars built in 2012, 36 built in 2013, 87 built in 2014. It is a Ford built car shipped to SA like the original GT350's. It has the performance necessary to cement it as a true Shelby. The 2011 GT350 was faster than the Super Snake with a 3.7 0-60 time and 12.0@121.4 MPH 1/4 mile time with the base 525HP version, not the R model. Plus, this was the last car that Caroll worked on along with the Shelby 1000 which gives it a special place among CSM cars.

Tired Sheep

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2021, 09:06:47 AM »
I agree 1000%

Buy as many as you can and store them in a warehouse for 35 years.

Let us know how it works out.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2021, 09:15:22 AM »
You may be right and what a beauty !

Back from the dead .... please don't hurt me  ;D

I would add the GT350 program to this list, but not the SVT cars, the 2011-2014 Shelby GT350 cars.

It has Rarity, 159 cars built in 2011, 132 cars built in 2012, 36 built in 2013, 87 built in 2014. It is a Ford built car shipped to SA like the original GT350's. It has the performance necessary to cement it as a true Shelby. The 2011 GT350 was faster than the Super Snake with a 3.7 0-60 time and 12.0@121.4 MPH 1/4 mile time with the base 525HP version, not the R model. Plus, this was the last car that Caroll worked on along with the Shelby 1000 which gives it a special place among CSM cars.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2021, 09:24:32 AM »
That would have to be a question for the 20 somethings of today. There are not too many on this site, the old DOGS dont have much interest in the new stuff. More OLD guys like VETTES anyways , you see them at every car show... Good on them.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2021, 09:48:12 AM »
Sink holes and now a tornado. So what else can happen?  A major flood or possibly a BLM riot fueled by global warming extremists.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2021, 09:50:32 AM »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2021, 10:07:22 AM »
probably the rarest is any 2006 and up that has not been modified!

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2021, 12:07:32 PM »
Not to be a stickler but the 06 Shelby GT was nothing but a Mustang GT with $2000 worth of Motorsport parts added. Many magazines panned it and the suckers who paid $10,000 above the price of a GT. The 07 GT500 was a 100% SVT project the CS was brought in at the last minute to use as a marketing face. The hot rod GT500s (and any GT350s) that CS sold were just mods done to Ford built cars. Any Mustang based car CS has done in the last 10-12 years are modified post title due to emissions laws and are basically just tuner cars.
The VINs all come back to Ford. Yes they get a SA # but that is a production number not a VIN
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless