Author Topic: help needed for location of speedo cable in firewall  (Read 1607 times)

tonys_shelby

• View Profile
help needed for location of speedo cable in firewall
« on: October 03, 2019, 06:51:50 PM »
Can anyone send me a picture of where the speedo cable goes thru the firewall on there GT500 4 speed car? I had the firewall replaced and I think the aftermarket one didn't include the hole for it. 

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: help needed for location of speedo cable in firewall
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 07:22:22 PM »
See attached, hope this helps...

(all standard Ford Mustang holes would think they are on a repro panel)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 07:30:46 PM »
See attached, hope this helps...

(all standard Ford Mustang holes would think they are on a repro panel)
So sad to hear the use of a repro in this case given they are typically so poor. They are typically good for use to cut pieces from to do repairs but for others reading the use of a entire firewall  typically gives less then satisfactory results. Missing holes is just one typical symptom , definition in the stamping and other dimples and clip tangs found on originals will not be found on repro. Just my observations others may have a different opinion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tonys_shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 08:23:31 PM »
That does help thanks JD.  I'll check tomorrow but I think it looks like from the picture they are there but just sized way wrong.  I can fix that fairly easy if that's the case.  Yes original would have been a better way but it was so hacked up all ready from previous repairs and rust there wasn't much fixable.  Thanks again for help everyone. 

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »
That does help thanks JD.  I'll check tomorrow but I think it looks like from the picture they are there but just sized way wrong.  I can fix that fairly easy if that's the case.  Yes original would have been a better way but it was so hacked up all ready from previous repairs and rust there wasn't much fixable.  Thanks again for help everyone.
The tool that adds the dent pull tab can be used to add the missing tabs for the wire straps on the firewall.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tonys_shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 05:45:52 AM »
That's a great tip Bob thanks.  The hole that I missed after seeing JD's picture was the clutch rod hole.  After close inspection there was a knock out for it that just needed punched out so now I'm good.