News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

MCA Judging Rules

Started by 1gt350, October 03, 2019, 09:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1gt350

Hello, Is the MCA Judging rule book still the gold standard for Shelby evaluating?

Coralsnake

I dont think it ever has been.

The Shelby American Automobile Club uses its own standards.

I think the case could be made Shelbys evaluated by Shelby judges are of a higher standard than Shelbys evaluated by non-Shelby (Mustang) judges. MCA consistency has been an issue over the years. That is my perspective as a former MCA / SAAC participant and a former SAAC / MCA judge.

CharlesTurner

The judging sheet content is more similar today between the 2 clubs than it ever was in the past.  The biggest difference is the point system/scoring.

It would be very unusual to have MCA judges judging Shelby's that are not also SAAC judges, or who have also judged at SAAC conventions.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

roddster

Quote from: CharlesTurner on October 03, 2019, 10:17:43 AM

It would be very unusual to have MCA judges judging Shelby's that are not also SAAC judges, or who have also judged at SAAC conventions.

It's been the same few people for years.  Kind of like Chicago Aldermen.

Coralsnake

I find that hard to believe, considering there are multiple MCA shows every year. Are you saying the same judges judge all MCA shows and then SAAC ? ...and its the same guys for every year of Shelby?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 04, 2019, 07:25:55 PM
I find that hard to believe, considering there are multiple MCA shows every year. Are you saying the same judges judge all MCA shows and then SAAC ? ...and its the same guys for every year of Shelby?
I am proficient in judging 65-70 Shelby's . I don't get to the regional MCA shows to judge . Regional shows have a limited pool of judges for the Shelby classes. It is the MCA national shows that typically benefit from a more knowledgeable judging staff . I try to judge at least 3 MCA national shows a year plus SAAC convention and the Mid America Shelby show every year. I know Pete knows this but for others reading the judges are volunteers that don't get paid for judging or expenses.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bill

Quote from: 1gt350 on October 03, 2019, 09:41:56 AM
Hello, Is the MCA Judging rule book still the gold standard for Shelby evaluating?

That is an interesting question, why do you ask?
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

Thank you for the clarification Mr Gaines. That has been my experience. Its not a knock, just my observation

68blk500c

"It is the MCA national shows that typically benefit from a more knowledgeable judging staff."

Just clearing my throat.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68blk500c on October 09, 2019, 10:06:03 PM
"It is the MCA national shows that typically benefit from a more knowledgeable judging staff."

Just clearing my throat.
Don,if "Just clearing your throat " is meant to voice dissatisfaction with the judging at MCA Nationals I suppose you could volunteer your time to MCA judging to help elevate the standards more to your satisfaction. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68blk500c

Maybe use your influence to expose and remove the subversive "games" and I would be open.

Coralsnake

Interesting the original poster has disappeared without followup

TLea

Quote from: 68blk500c on October 10, 2019, 12:03:01 PM
Maybe use your influence to expose and remove the subversive "games" and I would be open.
Talking to myself. "Keep thoughts in head, keep thoughts in head"
I would just say Don's experiences are not unique and I empathize with what he has been subject to