News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT 350 (Early 10/66) How to Identify Correct 9" Rear Carrier Housing

Started by DGSOH, October 04, 2019, 06:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGSOH

Looking for resources on how to identify a correct rear carrier housing (not the axle housing) for an early build GT 350. If nothing comprehensive available online then happy to discuss here.

All assistance greatly appreciated!

Thanks - DGSOH

JD

Doug here are some images of the original to #26, hope this helps...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

DGSOH

Quote from: JD on October 04, 2019, 08:55:00 PM
Yes JD thanks!

What do folks think the odds might be of finding one? I've been keeping my eyes sort of half open for years but I think I'd like to actually fine one now. Pretty much everything I've seen has a fill plug for starters though. Are there any aftermarket posers that at least look the part?

Thanks all.

roddster

Nice job as usual JD.  Just a point out here: no "spec" case on the GT 350.

shelbydoug

Quote from: roddster on October 06, 2019, 11:28:51 AM
  Nice job as usual JD.  Just a point out here: no "spec" case on the GT 350.

That's going to save some bucks for sure.

I just sold three 9" housings to a guy who just deals in them restored.

I couldn't find my SPEC case so I asked him if he had one. Sure. $4,200.

I did find mine. It's in my 68 since I remembered I wanted to go back to the 3.50's in it, and there it was sitting in the shop doing nothing so....

That's ok. I've got 3.25s sitting ready to go into the 68. Just as long as I know where the SPEC is at.

Looking at that 67 350 carrier though, it's a single rib and a plain Jane C4AW. Too bad. I just sold two of those for like $50 each. Who knew?

67 casting dates are a bear to find, especially first half. I haven't seen late 66's yet. I'm sure they exist. Lots of early 68s around.

Single ribs are PU and SW items.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: DGSOH on October 05, 2019, 05:48:18 AM
Yes JD thanks!

What do folks think the odds might be of finding one? I've been keeping my eyes sort of half open for years but I think I'd like to actually fine one now. Pretty much everything I've seen has a fill plug for starters though. Are there any aftermarket posers that at least look the part?

Thanks all.

What date range are you looking for? I might have what you're looking for - Please post or PM me. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

DGSOH

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on October 06, 2019, 03:42:27 PM
Quote from: DGSOH on October 05, 2019, 05:48:18 AM
Yes JD thanks!

Thanks all.

What date range are you looking for? I might have what you're looking for - Please post or PM me. 👍🏻

PM sent.

pbf777

So if your still looking, what date code range are you looking for?     Fill plug: yes or no?      :)

Scott.

DGSOH

While we're at it, does anyone have photos of a properly detailed and assembled unit?

Still confused on the carrier housing fill plug i.e. present or not. JD's photos suggest no fill plug, is that the prevailing wisdom?

Thanks - DGSOH

Bob Gaines

Quote from: DGSOH on October 08, 2019, 04:24:01 AM
While we're at it, does anyone have photos of a properly detailed and assembled unit?

Still confused on the carrier housing fill plug i.e. present or not. JD's photos suggest no fill plug, is that the prevailing wisdom?

Thanks - DGSOH
It depends on how early and how late in 67 production. Just another one of the multitude of running changes in 67 for Mustangs let alone Shelby.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

pbf777

Well I have a " 6D19 " & " 6E22 " with fill plug if it helps?       :-\

Scott.

DGSOH

Quote from: pbf777 on October 08, 2019, 01:32:51 PM
    Well I have a " 6D19 " & " 6E22 " with fill plug if it helps?       :-\

Scott.

PM sent.