News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas 2019

Started by Shelby_r_b, October 05, 2019, 07:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The sum of the parts or the sum of sum of restoration and parts is not always equal to the value.

$165 is a strong price for a KR fastback

Quote from: T-Bone68 on October 06, 2019, 09:40:57 AM
Yes.  List starting at $189k.  Dealer up in Sacramento was trying to sell one about a year ago at $200k.  I like the looks of this one better than the rest of their Eleanor style offerings.  Decent deal if that's what you were looking for.
https://www.classic-recreations.com/shelby-classic-g-t-500cr-specs/

I like that the body is nearly the same as the original cars, not Eleanor.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bill on October 05, 2019, 08:04:41 PM
Quote from: Shelby_r_b on October 05, 2019, 07:59:28 PM
The new Heritage Edition GT just hammered for $1,400,000 ($1,540,000 all in).

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2017-FORD-GT-66-HERITAGE-EDITION-229851

While an 06 Gulf GT hammered at $295K
That is a long ways from the high of around 500K some 06 Heritage were bringing. 295K is still way more then when new. They are like a old hat now compared to the newest.  ;) 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cbrown on October 06, 2019, 09:48:53 AM
I saw the KR years ago at Les bears  when I was there helping him with some stuff.   Car had original tires and hub caps  was pretty impressive.   Looks like someone  decided to keep some of the expensive rare parts on car gambling people at auction would not realize it.

chris
It has been through a number of owners since it was first sold . I don't think they all disappeared at once.  I do think it lost different parts probably each time it sold.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Greg

Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 06, 2019, 12:53:16 PM
I saw the KR years ago at Les bears  when I was there helping him with some stuff.   Car had original tires and hub caps  was pretty impressive.   Looks like someone  decided to keep some of the expensive rare parts on car gambling people at auction would not realize it.

chris
It has been through a number of owners since it was first sold . I don't think they all disappeared at once.  I do think it lost different parts probably each time it sold.

I think that is probably one of the most dishonest things to do to a vehicle you are selling.  Keeps the parts with the car and move on. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Wedgeman

Anyone know why the Silver Jade 69 GT500 went for such a low price ( mid 60K )...Lot 779.1

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Greg on October 06, 2019, 01:48:14 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 06, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

chris

Agreed. I've heard of people doing this before with show cars (gather a bunch of awards for the car, remove many expensive parts, and sell based on credentials). Another reason to have an expert review prior to purchase. 👍🏻

I think that is probably one of the most dishonest things to do to a vehicle you are selling.  Keeps the parts with the car and move on.
Nothing beats a classic!

csx289

It's a shame the Timken KR has been "field dressed" down to being just another restored car. When I bought the car from Mark Timken it was phenomenal. Restored by Tiemann with Mark calling the shots. Not only all NOS or original parts but Mark also had a box of all of the boxes, labels, etc from the NOS parts! When I owned it the car remained a "pusher" as I didn't have the heart to put fluids in it or blow smoke through that NOS exhaust. The NOS tires and hubcaps were particularly awesome. I saw the car at an MCA show when Les had it and it had been turned into a runner. The trunk mat and a few things "fell off" in the transition to Les from the dealer I sold it to as I recall. Sad to see it as it was just sold at B-J with basically all of the cool stuff gone. And what's with the front ride height? The quality of the body and paint etc I'm sure is still top notch but now it's just an automatic KR with a bunch of repro parts it seems. I sold it because as much as I respected Mark's masterpiece my back didn't enjoy pushing it around my building so much lol.

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Wedgeman on October 06, 2019, 02:44:13 PM
Anyone know why the Silver Jade 69 GT500 went for such a low price ( mid 60K )...Lot 779.1
That Silver Jade 69 was beautiful.  I was at the auction with friends and we all commented on how beautiful the color was.

I don't know why it sold for such a low price.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

csx289

QSS I think that price for the silver jade 69 was about right for what the car is. Automatic, older "restoration" on a Canadian car, and looked like the engine (and a lot of what is bolted to it!) was rattle-can painted in early Pontiac blue engine paint. Pretty, yes, but far from a six-figure car.